Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

New Men's Bible Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Men's Bible Study

This Thursday evening will be the first meeting of a new Men's Bible study at my church. I am part of the leadership team. Pray that it will take root and help the participants to grow in Christ.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Are you using a curriculum? A Bible Study plan? Does it have any organized structure?

(or is it too new to know that)

ETA: I actually misread the post and thought here was a new "Men's Study Bible"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      This Thursday evening will be the first meeting of a new Men's Bible study at my church. I am part of the leadership team. Pray that it will take root and help the participants to grow in Christ.
      I trust that you will fare well, mate.
      For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Are you using a curriculum? A Bible Study plan? Does it have any organized structure?

(or is it too new to know that)

ETA: I actually misread the post and thought here was a new "Men's Study Bible"
        To soon to tell on all. I have my ideas and am trying to be open to what the group has to say.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

To soon to tell on all. I have my ideas and am trying to be open to what the group has to say.
          Keep us posted, OK?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Will do.

Right now, a little is needed.

Comment

Will do.

Right now, a little is needed.
              I'm in a men's prayer time on Saturday mornings at 8, and Tuesday mornings at 10 - we'll add your group to our prayer list. A "solidarity" kind of thing.

Comment

The first meeting went well. 7 other man showed up. Good range of ages. All have been in small group before. Also, the senior pastor of our church is going to come as he can as one of the guys.

The content was a meet and greet. All of the men are long term Christians. We then discussed expectations and some administration. We moved the start time to earlier in the evening and decided to met every other week.

Next meeting is Feb. 2 when we will start a study on the book of James.

Thanks to all who prayed.

Comment

New-men's Bible study?
                  New men's-Bible study?
                  New, men's Bible-study?
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    New-men's Bible study?
                    New men's-Bible study?
                    New, men's Bible-study?
                    I believe it is a study where men gather together in order to study the Bible.
                    For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
                      I believe it is a study where men gather together in order to study the Bible.
                      Ah - that would seem a worthwhile pursuit.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment