Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Study finds domestic violence a risk factor in repeated induced abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study finds domestic violence a risk factor in repeated induced abortions

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/28754340

Based on a questionnaire of 480 women at a hospital in France.

Four hundred and eighty women answered to the questionnaire: 322 came for their first abortion while 158 were hospitalized for at least the second time for an induced abortion. The proportion of current or past violence was 53% in the "repeated induced abortions" group compared with 33% in the "first induced abortion" group (OR 2.1, CI 95% [1.4-3.1], P<0.01). Statistically significant differences were found between the two groups for all types of domestic violence.In our sample of women, we found that experiencing domestic violence with current partner appeared to be a risk factor of repeated induced abortions.
    I am become death...

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
    http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/28754340

Based on a questionnaire of 480 women at a hospital in France.
    While sad, I cannot say this is much of a surprise.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

alternate headline: women who make poor decisions in mate selection also make poor decisions in other areas of life
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment