Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voter Suppression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Jim, I noticed that you did not respond to post 151:
    Thats because CP will throw any link into the mix, even if he has no clue about its specifics. The Washington Examiner is a completely biased conservative rag. Seriously, pet food and animal spa products? Thats what Coburns going after? They belonged to the Federal Farm-product marketing bill which is designed to help manufacturers, american manufacturers, to market their products and thus create jobs. It is said that for every dollar spent on this program $35.00 is generated. It had broad bi-partisan support, 18 Republicans voting with Democrats to nix Coburns amendment.
    Same with the Export-Import bank which is designed to assist small businesses which also passed in 2012 with broad bi-partisan support. So if you want to argue that these programs are not worth doing, then go ahead and make your case, maybe someone will be interested in debating that with you.
    But that is not what we were debating, we were debating a case where the wealthiest Corporations in the history of the world are given 20 billion in taxpayor dollars literally for nothing. Republicans along with Democrats were given the chance to end that policy on a straight up or down vote, no amendments to give excuses not to vote for it, and Republicans chose to continue just giving them our money. They did this while at the same time continuing to push Paul Ryans budget which is designed to balance by cutting the safety net for the elderly, poor and middle class. They are a bunch of sociopaths if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      It isn't that hard to find this stuff Jimmy if you were to bother to search the web instead of just accepting whatever the MSNBC talking heads tell you.

And CP already showed that a number of democrats voted against it too, but you ignored that because that told you things you didn't want to hear. Face it Jimmy, your democrat hero's are not hero's at all. They are the same as the republicans you blame for everything. They are just playing to their base and hoping that you'll believe whatever you are told. Without bothering to go and check the facts for yourself.

That's right because when democrats do it, it's ok and Jimmy will make excuses for them. When republicans do the same thing though, Jimmy will throw a hissy fit and claim republicans don't care about the poor. It's always wonderful to see people making excuses for their hero's and try to call black, white.
      Whatever you want to accuse the Democratic Party of Lilpix, they aren't fighting to keep the working poor and middle class down, as are the right wing sociopaths like yourself. Minimum wage increase, unemployment insurance extension, food stamps, Chip, Affordable health insurance (Medacaid extension), Womens fair pay act, Jobs program, etc etc. What are republicans doing, nothing, other than giving billions in Corporate subsidies for no reason and trying to suppress peoples ability to vote against them for this.
      Last edited by JimL; 04-23-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Whatever you want to accuse the Democratic Party of Lilpix, they aren't fighting to keep the working poor and middle class down, as are the right wing sociopaths like yourself.

You're delusions are quite entertaining, at least they would be if you actually didn't vote for people who believed such nonsense. Why would I fight to keep the middle class down when I am a member of the middle class? Likewise, I don't care about 'the working poor'. Lol, do you have any idea what my background is? I grew up with 2 brothers and my parents had to work to support us. I can remember, when I was in high school, making dinner for the family an average of 4 nights because my mom was usually at work during that time. How did I get out of that situation? Well, I joined the US military and got myself an education because I knew my parents couldn't do it for me and I didn't want to be in debt for much of my life. So go ahead, please pretend that anybody who doesn't agree with you must be some sort of rich republican because I'm sure not rich. I just manage what I have well, don't take what I can't afford, and work towards goals and dreams I have. You should try it instead of waiting for the government to do it for you.

Minimum wage increase, unemployment insurance extension, food stamps, Chip, Affordable health insurance (Medacaid extension), Womens fair pay act, Jobs program, etc etc.
        I could agree with some of these things, but the problem is Jimmy is that the Democrats haven't done a thing for these things, but pay them lip services and misreport the facts. The min wage increase Obama is asking for is absurd and is only going to lead to higher unemployment rates, how long should somebody be on unemployment? Food stamps are generally ok, but they should be a temporary measure and not a permit solution. Chip works fine for me. Affordable health insurance hasn't seem to be all that 'affordable' with Obamacare. Funny, I thought that was suppose to fix that. Guess it hasn't? Woman's equal pay, you are aware there's more factors that go into it, right? For example, many of my girl friends have quit their jobs to stay at home with their children and want to start back to work once their children are old enough to take care of themselves. That's out of the work force for 10-15 years, on average. Do you seriously expect them to be able to jump right back in and make the same amount as male co workers that haven't been out of work for 10-15 years? Is that fair for the guy that worked his job? There's plenty of job programs out there, the military is a pretty good example of that going on. Now Jimmy, are you done pretending that everybody is against you or do you still just see things in shades of red and blue?

What are republicans doing, nothing, other than giving billions in Corporate subsidies for no reason and trying to suppress peoples ability to vote against them for this.
        You mean the ones that democrats have done nothing to end, but keep paying lip services to it so idiots, like you, will keep voting them back into office?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Whatever you want to accuse the Democratic Party of Lilpix, they aren't fighting to keep the working poor and middle class down, as are the right wing sociopaths like yourself. Minimum wage increase, unemployment insurance extension, food stamps, Chip, Affordable health insurance (Medacaid extension), Womens fair pay act, Jobs program, etc etc. What are republicans doing, nothing, other than giving billions in Corporate subsidies for no reason and trying to suppress peoples ability to vote against them for this.
          Jimmy, exactly how much time did you spend in the reeducation camp?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're delusions are quite entertaining, at least they would be if you actually didn't vote for people who believed such nonsense.
            I think Jimmy drinks the kool-aid by the 55 gallon drum.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jimmy, exactly how much time did you spend in the reeducation camp?
              Yeah, Jimmy should try that whole 'working for your dreams thing' instead of waiting for the government to do it for him. I did it, in the 2000's, so I find those who whine about it are usually the Jimmy's of the world who want others to do things for them.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah, Jimmy should try that whole 'working for your dreams thing' instead of waiting for the government to do it for him. I did it, in the 2000's, so I find those who whine about it are usually the Jimmy's of the world who want others to do things for them.
                I would really REALLY love to know what actual WORK experience Jimmy has, and how much / how long he's been on the public dole. He has NO CLUE about how life actually works.

Comment

I would really REALLY love to know what actual WORK experience Jimmy has, and how much / how long he's been on the public dole. He has NO CLUE about how life actually works.
                  I doubt it. My brother has done pretty good for himself too and he took a different path. He worked his way up different jobs and positions until he got the supervisor job he currently has today. He doesn't owe any student debts either. Jimmy needs to stop waiting for the government to hand him things and go out and do it for himself.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I think Jimmy drinks the kool-aid by the 55 gallon drum.
                    I think he gets it by the tanker truck.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I doubt it. My brother has done pretty good for himself too and he took a different path. He worked his way up different jobs and positions until he got the supervisor job he currently has today. He doesn't owe any student debts either. Jimmy needs to stop waiting for the government to hand him things and go out and do it for himself.
                      Maybe that's why he hates Republicans so much!

Comment

I think he gets it by the tanker truck.
                        I have never seen ANYBODY do such an incredibly good job of pointing to himself while trying to describe us.

Comment

Maybe that's why he hates Republicans so much!
                          That sure would explain a lot. He sure seems content to blame the ills of the world on republicans while ignoring the reality that democrats are just as bad, but have a base to play to so play lip service to many of these programs.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• JimL, you're lack of common sense about the Republican Party/Conservativism is incredible, and it makes my head hurt.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You're delusions are quite entertaining, at least they would be if you actually didn't vote for people who believed such nonsense. Why would I fight to keep the middle class down when I am a member of the middle class?
                              Because Lilpix, you're an idiot like most middle class so called conservatives who vote against their own best interests.
                              Likewise, I don't care about 'the working poor'. Lol, do you have any idea what my background is? I grew up with 2 brothers and my parents had to work to support us. I can remember, when I was in high school, making dinner for the family an average of 4 nights because my mom was usually at work during that time. How did I get out of that situation? Well, I joined the US military and got myself an education because I knew my parents couldn't do it for me and I didn't want to be in debt for much of my life. So go ahead, please pretend that anybody who doesn't agree with you must be some sort of rich republican because I'm sure not rich. I just manage what I have well, don't take what I can't afford, and work towards goals and dreams I have. You should try it instead of waiting for the government to do it for you.
                              I couldn't care less what your background is Lilpix or how wonderful you think you are. If you support the extremme right wing agenda and help to elect these nut job sociopaths we have in Congress right now, then you don't care about the poor.

I could agree with some of these things, but the problem is Jimmy is that the Democrats haven't done a thing for these things, but pay them lip services and misreport the facts. The min wage increase Obama is asking for is absurd and is only going to lead to higher unemployment rates, how long should somebody be on unemployment? Food stamps are generally ok, but they should be a temporary measure and not a permit solution. Chip works fine for me. Affordable health insurance hasn't seem to be all that 'affordable' with Obamacare. Funny, I thought that was suppose to fix that. Guess it hasn't? Woman's equal pay, you are aware there's more factors that go into it, right? For example, many of my girl friends have quit their jobs to stay at home with their children and want to start back to work once their children are old enough to take care of themselves. That's out of the work force for 10-15 years, on average. Do you seriously expect them to be able to jump right back in and make the same amount as male co workers that haven't been out of work for 10-15 years? Is that fair for the guy that worked his job? There's plenty of job programs out there, the military is a pretty good example of that going on. Now Jimmy, are you done pretending that everybody is against you or do you still just see things in shades of red and blue?
                              I don't see everything in shades of blue or red Lilpix, I see them in shades of sane or moronish and the republican house is now filled with a slew of sociopathic morons thanks to the oligarchs and the idiots like you that put them there.

You mean the ones that democrats have done nothing to end, but keep paying lip services to it so idiots, like you, will keep voting them back into office?
                              Just can't admit it can you Lilpix, the president and the democrats did do something to help end it, but the guys that idiots like you elected stopped them.

Comment

• What ever became of voter suppression? Have we decided that it is okay for folks Democrats to vote more than once?
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment