Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marine Corps Study Finds Women at a Disadvantage in Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Corps Study Finds Women at a Disadvantage in Combat

Here is the link to a CBS News report about a study that the Marine Corps did. The study compared men and women fighting side by side and the results say that men perform better and get hurt less often. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGhMw1u7MM

Just out of curiosity, do you think female bodybuilders should be allowed to fight in combat alongside men?

I think there should be a minimum standard that is set by combat requirements, not by social engineering.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
      Here is the link to a CBS News report about a study that the Marine Corps did. The study compared men and women fighting side by side and the results say that men perform better and get hurt less often. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGhMw1u7MM
      No kidding!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

the military should be all women. we've been doing this for thousands of years, time to take a turn at it ladies
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I'm a little surprised there was no pushback to the report in the video - it was accepted a bit glumly, but not disputed.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
            Just out of curiosity, do you think female bodybuilders should be allowed to fight in combat alongside men?
            Why should they??
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Just kinda wondering why this is being brought up now, when this study appears to have been done in 2015? I thought maybe this was "new" stuff.

ETA: And, for those interested in the actual findings, look here. It's more compelling that I had suspected.
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-15-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                No kidding!
                Yup, big surprise.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Yup, big surprise.
                  I mean, shouldn't they be baking cookies for their husbands or something...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    I mean, shouldn't they be baking cookies for their husbands or something...
                    and ironing shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I think there should be a minimum standard that is set by combat requirements, not by social engineering.
                      I agree. Requirements should not be lowered in order to get more women in combat roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Just kinda wondering why this is being brought up now, when this study appears to have been done in 2015? I thought maybe this was "new" stuff.

ETA: And, for those interested in the actual findings, look here. It's more compelling that I had suspected.
                        I didn't hear about the study until now. Thank you for the link to the report.

Comment

Political correctness regardless of the harm, just like almost every other PC push.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            the military should be all women. we've been doing this for thousands of years, time to take a turn at it ladies
                            We get the drones - you guys get to do the physical invasion.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              We get the drones...
                              drone.jpg

Comment