Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marine Corps Study Finds Women at a Disadvantage in Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
    I didn't hear about the study until now. Thank you for the link to the report.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      and ironing shirts
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think there are weaker men who cannot meet the standards and strong women who can, so the military should set the standards it requires and anyone who meets the specs can perform the tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think there are weaker men who cannot meet the standards and strong women who can, so the military should set the standards it requires and anyone who meets the specs can perform the tasks.
          But you still have the problem of men in combat naturally wanting to come to the aid of a woman in distress more than they would for a male buddy. In a combat situation, you really need maximum unit cohesion and a laser focus on the mission.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But you still have the problem of men in combat naturally wanting to come to the aid of a woman in distress more than they would for a male buddy.
            Or lots of sex...

In a combat situation, you really need maximum unit cohesion and a laser focus on the mission.
            ...that destroys cohesion, also focus. Many men chasing same tail, will not end well!!
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

But you still have the problem of men in combat naturally wanting to come to the aid of a woman in distress more than they would for a male buddy. In a combat situation, you really need maximum unit cohesion and a laser focus on the mission.
              Units in the field, I agree. I was thinking more of career path. I see no problem with women in combat roles such as fighter pilots, tank drivers, etc. But you may be right, in an infantry or one-on-one type situation it might be better to have all one sex. I don't know though since I have never been in that situation.

Comment

Units in the field, I agree. I was thinking more of career path. I see no problem with women in combat roles such as fighter pilots, tank drivers, etc. But you may be right, in an infantry or one-on-one type situation it might be better to have all one sex. I don't know though since I have never been in that situation.
                One of the arguments against women in combat - even as a fighter pilot - was that it's a whole lot different when they get captured. A guy expects to get beat up, brutalized, tortured... even gets trained in how to deal with that. How do you train a woman to deal with being raped by her captors? Or how do you deal with her male colleagues knowing that's a possibility? That's a real issue that has to be considered.

Comment

One of the arguments against women in combat - even as a fighter pilot - was that it's a whole lot different when they get captured. A guy expects to get beat up, brutalized, tortured... even gets trained in how to deal with that. How do you train a woman to deal with being raped by her captors? Or how do you deal with her male colleagues knowing that's a possibility? That's a real issue that has to be considered.
                  She can tell them that she is transgendered. Then they will run away in fear and not rape her.

Comment

She can tell them that she is transgendered. Then they will run away in fear and not rape her.
                    In some countries, that would mean beheading.

Comment