Christians Ascend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Its not my expertise but in Catholicism I've only ever seen the word ascension used to describe Jesus ascending bodily into Heaven. The ascending part meaning that his resurrected body itself was taken up into Heaven. What happens as the End of Time, when Christ comes back to judge the world I've only ever found to be called The Resurrection and The Final Judgement.

Aside from Christ, Catholics also use it for Mary (of which my protestant brethren here will probably kindly - hopefully - disagree).

Couldn't Enoch and Elijah, also be described as ascending to Heaven? Though its a bit more unclear in Enochs case, than with Elijah who was caught up in whirlwind.
    something done for her by God, whereas the Ascension of Christ is something He did by His own Power as God.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
      something done for her by God, whereas the Ascension of Christ is something He did by His own Power as God.
      BVM?
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        BVM?
        My guess is "Blessed Virgin Mary".
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          My guess is "Blessed Virgin Mary".
          An odd thing to abbreviate, one would think. Seems sorta disrespectful.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            An odd thing to abbreviate, one would think. Seems sorta disrespectful.
            Yeah, it's kinda like "the BMW" in the garage.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment