Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians Ascend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yep, thanks Tea, my bad. Mistook it for my own thread of which this is an offshoot.
    Not an offshoot, per se, but understandable you would mistake it, since the names are similar. You are forgiven - go and sin no more!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Um, Jim, this is in Christianity 101. Given that you have been mentioned, I think CP would probably allow you in the thread but you cannot be argumentative about Christian belief here.

CP, if you're satisfied that you have your answer, I'd like to recommend moving the thread.
      ...psst. It's Christianity 201. Might need those glasses sooner than later...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        JimL's real goof is thinking that heaven is in outer space. But then that is Jimmy.
        Yeah Jimmy has a really hard time with science and physics. He must think the universe is a huge bubble and we have to travel from the middle to the outside to get to heaven. Maybe we are a snowglobe on God's mantle.

13c4a8795b3f58ef7edf59d3cbad1699.jpg

Comment

No, I still think I saw you make the comment - I know I saw it and I'd have sworn it was you. I remember seeing your postbit, but I can't find it and I take your word that it wasn't you and therefore I was mistaken.
          I think you are remembering KG's post:

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Jim is more interested in getting his impression of Christianity from Left Behind movies than what the Bible actually says.
          And he is not mocking Futurism, but the Left Behind Movies which are horrible, and worse than the books if you are using them for futurism theology. The whole thing is just fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Thanks. Let's just test my aim...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Can you please type biggerer?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Yeah Jimmy has a really hard time with science and physics. He must think the universe is a huge bubble and we have to travel from the middle to the outside to get to heaven. Maybe we are a snowglobe on God's mantle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25967[/ATTACH]
                Hey! Not cool!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Hey! Not cool!
                  snow is too cool. Cold even.

Comment

Thanks. Let's just test my aim...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Can you please type biggerer?
                      From now on I'll make sure to reply to you and Teal in number 4 size font.

Comment

From now on I'll make sure to reply to you and Teal in number 4 size font.
                        I can hear ya now!

Comment

Please don't engage JimL in this thread - he is not allowed to post here.
                          For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25967[/ATTACH]
                            Ah, so the "Earthworm Jim" cosmology. Surprisingly fitting give the individual we are talking about.

Comment

Guys, can we please stop talking about Jim, since he's not allowed in this thread to defend himself?

Thanks

Comment

Guys, can we please stop talking about Jim, since he's not allowed in this thread to defend himself?

Thanks
                                Sorry, I don't get to reference Earthworm Jim in normal conversation often. Won't happen again.

Comment