Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Awww ... another one bites the dust.

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,345
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    39

    Awww ... another one bites the dust.

    This time it's the infamous RNA world hypothesis for abiogenesis.

    " ... Thus, the famous—now infamous—paper had to be retracted. The authors—one of them a Nobel Laureate—later confessed, “In retrospect, we were totally blinded by our belief” and “we were not as careful or rigorous as we should have been.”

    So not only did this so-called RNA World study cheat by using peptides, meaning it really wasn’t just an RNA World, but the research was misinterpreted and unrepeatable. This led to its complete retraction. Even if the study had been a success, the conditions surrounding it were carefully engineered by humans in a state-of-the-art laboratory—a classic case of intelligent design, not an example of purposeless random evolutionary processes."


    Full article here: http://www.icr.org/article/10444

    Awww ... they boo-booed, AGAIN! So, when-oh-when are these critters going to learn the lesson? ANSWER: NEVER!!! Why? Because as I have stated umpteen-hundred times here on TWeb, this is NOT about science, this is about pushing an ideological-religious agenda that sends scientific facts to the back of the bus every single time. They will maintain their Materialistic beliefs in spite of the obvious option staring them right in the face.

    Hehehe

    Jorge

  2. #2
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,186
    Amen (Given)
    811
    Amen (Received)
    2363

  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,345
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    WOW - a very "scholarly" reply, Leonard.
    I guess you "really showed me", didn't you.
    Tell us, did you attend Harvard or Princeton? Bwahahahaha

    Jorge

  4. #4
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,186
    Amen (Given)
    811
    Amen (Received)
    2363
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    WOW - a very "scholarly" reply, Leonard.
    I guess you "really showed me", didn't you.
    Tell us, did you attend Harvard or Princeton? Bwahahahaha

    Jorge

  5. #5
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,186
    Amen (Given)
    811
    Amen (Received)
    2363
    I guess you "really showed me", didn't you.
    Jorge, even the creationists here know you're a failure at arguing for creationism. Any lurker, and there aren't many, can go to any of the other threads with you and see how you've been answered.

    You've fully publically admitted that you're not here for any intelligent discussion. You're here to troll. Which again is clear to anyone browsing the threads. You don't interact with arguments, and you're vile and constantly angry.

    So with that being said...

  6. Amen Sparko, Duragizer amen'd this post.
  7. #6
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,186
    Amen (Given)
    811
    Amen (Received)
    2363

  8. #7
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,231
    Amen (Given)
    423
    Amen (Received)
    1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    This time it's the infamous RNA world hypothesis for abiogenesis.
    No, it's one idea regarding how RNA world may have worked, not the whole hypothesis. The ICR hack has massively inflated the scope of this one study as being "famous" and underpinning the whole RNA world hypothesis, and welcher here has fallen for it hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, angler, creel, stool and bait-box.

    But it does high-light the difference between scientists and creationists.

    When scientists get something wrong, it gets publicly retracted, and the perpetrator's reputation becomes tarnished.

    When creationists get something wrong, no matter how blatant the error is, it keeps being propagated long after the error has been exposed, and the YEC hucksters fall over themselves trying to excuse the continued spreading of known misinformation.

    ... this is about pushing an ideological-religious agenda that sends scientific facts to the back of the bus every single time.
    Dima's discovery date has been pushed to the back of the bus so firmly by YEC liars (including ) that it's lying in a bloody heap of broken glass on the road behind.
    Starlight: "In America a lot of tap-water is contaminated with lead or chemicals from fracking, because the right-wing crazies are anti-regulation."
    Lilpixieoferror: "Another day another Starlight fable. What actually causes high lead levels in water is lead pipes or lead solder, not industrial waste from any source. Well, so much for this Starlight fable... I wonder what tomorrow’s made up story will be in his ‘I HATE AMERICAN CHRISTIANS!!!’ quest."

  9. Amen TheLurch, gladiatrix, Duragizer amen'd this post.
  10. #8
    tWebber TheLurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Faith
    MYOB
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,001
    Amen (Given)
    66
    Amen (Received)
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    No, it's one idea regarding how RNA world may have worked, not the whole hypothesis. The ICR hack has massively inflated the scope of this one study as being "famous" and underpinning the whole RNA world hypothesis, and welcher here has fallen for it hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, angler, creel, stool and bait-box.
    Yeah, as you've probably seen, i keep up on a fairly wide range of research, and I had never heard of these results until now.

    And you're right to point out that the scientists were so "agenda driven" that they identified their own error and immediately issued a public correction.

  11. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,345
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Jorge, even the creationists here know you're a failure at arguing for creationism. Any lurker, and there aren't many, can go to any of the other threads with you and see how you've been answered.

    You've fully publically admitted that you're not here for any intelligent discussion. You're here to troll. Which again is clear to anyone browsing the threads. You don't interact with arguments, and you're vile and constantly angry.

    So with that being said...
    Huh???

    Looks like you forgot to take your medications.

    Jorge

  12. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,345
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLurch View Post
    Yeah, as you've probably seen, i keep up on a fairly wide range of research, and I had never heard of these results until now.

    And you're right to point out that the scientists were so "agenda driven" that they identified their own error and immediately issued a public correction.
    Hey, Lurcho, even the most ardent, blind, agenda-driven fanatics HAVE NO CHOICE but to 'fess up when faced with overwhelming evidence. Try not being so naive, okay?

    Jorge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •