Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Awww ... another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww ... another one bites the dust.

This time it's the infamous RNA world hypothesis for abiogenesis.

" ... Thus, the famous—now infamous—paper had to be retracted. The authors—one of them a Nobel Laureate—later confessed, “In retrospect, we were totally blinded by our belief” and “we were not as careful or rigorous as we should have been.”

So not only did this so-called RNA World study cheat by using peptides, meaning it really wasn’t just an RNA World, but the research was misinterpreted and unrepeatable. This led to its complete retraction. Even if the study had been a success, the conditions surrounding it were carefully engineered by humans in a state-of-the-art laboratory—a classic case of intelligent design, not an example of purposeless random evolutionary processes."

Full article here: http://www.icr.org/article/10444

Awww ... they boo-booed, AGAIN! So, when-oh-when are these critters going to learn the lesson? ANSWER: NEVER!!! Why? Because as I have stated umpteen-hundred times here on TWeb, this is NOT about science, this is about pushing an ideological-religious agenda that sends scientific facts to the back of the bus every single time. They will maintain their Materialistic beliefs in spite of the obvious option staring them right in the face.

Hehehe

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      WOW - a very "scholarly" reply, Leonard.
      I guess you "really showed me", didn't you.
      Tell us, did you attend Harvard or Princeton? Bwahahahaha

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        WOW - a very "scholarly" reply, Leonard.
        Tell us, did you attend Harvard or Princeton? Bwahahahaha

Jorge

Comment

Jorge, even the creationists here know you're a failure at arguing for creationism. Any lurker, and there aren't many, can go to any of the other threads with you and see how you've been answered.

You've fully publically admitted that you're not here for any intelligent discussion. You're here to troll. Which again is clear to anyone browsing the threads. You don't interact with arguments, and you're vile and constantly angry.

So with that being said...

Comment

Comment

This time it's the infamous RNA world hypothesis for abiogenesis.
              No, it's one idea regarding how RNA world may have worked, not the whole hypothesis. The ICR hack has massively inflated the scope of this one study as being "famous" and underpinning the whole RNA world hypothesis, and welcher here has fallen for it hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, angler, creel, stool and bait-box.

But it does high-light the difference between scientists and creationists.

When scientists get something wrong, it gets publicly retracted, and the perpetrator's reputation becomes tarnished.

When creationists get something wrong, no matter how blatant the error is, it keeps being propagated long after the error has been exposed, and the YEC hucksters fall over themselves trying to excuse the continued spreading of known misinformation.

... this is about pushing an ideological-religious agenda that sends scientific facts to the back of the bus every single time.
              Dima's discovery date has been pushed to the back of the bus so firmly by YEC liars (including ) that it's lying in a bloody heap of broken glass on the road behind.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                No, it's one idea regarding how RNA world may have worked, not the whole hypothesis. The ICR hack has massively inflated the scope of this one study as being "famous" and underpinning the whole RNA world hypothesis, and welcher here has fallen for it hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, angler, creel, stool and bait-box.
                Yeah, as you've probably seen, i keep up on a fairly wide range of research, and I had never heard of these results until now.

And you're right to point out that the scientists were so "agenda driven" that they identified their own error and immediately issued a public correction.
                "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  Jorge, even the creationists here know you're a failure at arguing for creationism. Any lurker, and there aren't many, can go to any of the other threads with you and see how you've been answered.

You've fully publically admitted that you're not here for any intelligent discussion. You're here to troll. Which again is clear to anyone browsing the threads. You don't interact with arguments, and you're vile and constantly angry.

So with that being said...
                  Huh???

Looks like you forgot to take your medications.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                    Yeah, as you've probably seen, i keep up on a fairly wide range of research, and I had never heard of these results until now.

And you're right to point out that the scientists were so "agenda driven" that they identified their own error and immediately issued a public correction.
                    Hey, Lurcho, even the most ardent, blind, agenda-driven fanatics HAVE NO CHOICE but to 'fess up when faced with overwhelming evidence. Try not being so naive, okay?

Jorge

Comment

And it should be clear to anyone here, that he's only here to troll.

Comment

Hey, Lurcho, even the most ardent, blind, agenda-driven fanatics HAVE NO CHOICE but to 'fess up when faced with overwhelming evidence. Try not being so naive, okay?

Jorge
                        In that case, why don't YECs such as yourself ever "'fess up when faced with overwhelming evidence"? At best you go silent for awhile then reissue the same PRATT at some later point hoping that everyone has forgotten how it was beaten into a fine pink mist the last time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hey, Lurcho, even the most ardent, blind, agenda-driven fanatics HAVE NO CHOICE but to 'fess up when faced with overwhelming evidence.
                          They do have a choice, as Jorge and his colleagues demonstrate daily.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Jorge
                            I'd be tempted to say 'by their fruits shall you know them', but that wouldn't be fair to the other creationists here. I do believe you need a good dose of humble pie though Jorge. I really hope and pray you'll get better one day.

Comment