Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Health Exam - Bad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    On a different forum I used to post on there is someone who at various times claims to have more professions and accomplishments than you would believe. At various times he has declared that:

• he is a scientist with more "degrees in more fields than any combination of 3 [actual scientists] put together"[1]
    • he is a surgeon[2]
    • he is a published economist[3]
    • he is a psychologist
    • he is an über-businessman[4]
    • he is a farmer[5]
    • he is a geologist[6]
    • he is a university professor[7]
    • he is a Fortran programmer
    • he is a CPA
    • he is involved in the criminal justice system
    • he trains and coaches Olympic athletes -- including his children[8]
    • he is a concert musician who has performed at Carnegie Hall (as has his son -- twice)
    • he is a vice commodore at a California yacht club[9]
    • he owns and captains a yacht which he races all over the world[10]
    • he helped organize the Pan American games
    • he is a pilot

1. he would go onto say he had five PhDs

2. who has conducted kidney transplants, is a "nuerosurgeon" [sic], is a otolaryngologist, is a plastic surgeon (who does "mammalplasties" [sic]), is an orthopedic surgeon, does cardiac surgery, does stereotaxic surgery, does spinal/pelvic surgery as well as "perform[s] "aproxiamtely" [sic] 400 circumcisions a week" at his clinic. I'm probably missing a couple of his professed specialties.

3. claiming to have been an adviser to the Finance Minister of Iran

4 claiming to have started up and ran a couple of Fortune 500 companies (and saying he "used to advertise on NPR" even though they didn't have advertisers)

5. who owns the largest organic farm in Texas or the entire country

6. who said that gallstones form in caves

7. who teaches "at great Universities" (while constantly calling Cambridge a "diploma mill")

8. his children appear to be as made up as his various careers in that he once said his daughter (who ran a division in an engineering firm with a billion dollar budget while still an undergrad) broke her wrist doing hurdles during the Olympic heptathlon trials but nobody taking place in that trial fell and broke their wrist and not one was an engineer. Oh, she also was "a teen was world windsurfing champ."

9. which he named but when contacted had never heard of anyone even remotely like him.

10. claiming to have fought the Sirocco (which blows from Africa across the Mediterranean Sea into Europe) while racing in the Canary Islands and says he sails his yacht "in speeds of over 30 knots/hr on liquid and 40 knots on solid." Ignoring his sailing his yacht "on solid" for a the captain of a yacht to say he sails at "speeds of over 30 knots/hr" is like a NASCAR driver saying that he drives at 200 mph/hr.
    He would fit right in here on tweb. Remember the doctor fella, Gary, who was following around Rhinestone Cowboy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Jim "I am not a doctor but I play one on tweb" L
      I'm telling you what cardiologists are saying concerning Trumps results. Trump has plaque buildup in his coronary arteries, a coronary calcium score well over that which is considered ideal for someone of his age. In 98 his score was 34, in 2013 it was 98, and in 2018 it is 133. He's also obese, doesn't exercise, and has high cholesterol despite being on Crestor, a statin designed to help keep cholesterol levels down. That's heart disease, and it certainly isn't exellent health as Dr Jackson described it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I'm telling you what cardiologists are saying concerning Trumps results. Trump has plaque buildup in his coronary arteries, a coronary calcium score well over that which is considered ideal for someone of his age. In 98 his score was 34, in 2013 it was 98, and in 2018 it is 133. He's also obese, doesn't exercise, and has high cholesterol despite being on Crestor, a statin designed to help keep cholesterol levels down. That's heart disease, and it certainly isn't exellent health as Dr Jackson described it.
        I bet you are on a statin too. Just about everyone is these days. That is not heart disease. Plaque in your arteries is not heart disease. Heart disease is when there is damage to your heart muscle. Plaque can eventually lead to that if it chokes off the coronary arteries. Everyone over 45 has some plaque in their arteries. It comes with aging. Nobody who is over 70 is going to have the heart of a 20 year old. That is not heart disease, that is old age.

Comment

4 claiming to have started up and ran a couple of Fortune 500 companies (and saying he "used to advertise on NPR" even though they didn't have advertisers)
          Technically, no, NPR doesn't run traditional advertisements, but they do run spots saying "This programming was sponsored in part by a generous donation from such and such a business, providing the world's best services in this, that, and the other thing," which is essentially an advertisement.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Technically, no, NPR doesn't run traditional advertisements, but they do run spots saying "This programming was sponsored in part by a generous donation from such and such a business, providing the world's best services in this, that, and the other thing," which is essentially an advertisement.
            That was pointed out to him but he doubled down and said he ran advertisements.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              That was pointed out to him but he doubled down and said he ran advertisements.
              Ah, I didn't realize that you and Starlight frequented the same forums outside of tWeb.

Comment

Why does the cat on the left have two tails?
                I think this is something actually quite interesting, and I believe is due to a form of visual agnosia, known as ‘neglect’.

I’m paraphrasing from memory, but essentially brain damage (usually caused by lesions in the brain but can be via a neurodegenerative disorder) causes the patient to ignore the left hand side of what they’re viewing, so they only draw one part of the picture if asked to copy something.

http://www.braininjury-explanation.c...uences/neglect

I imagine (I can find nothing online as to why the original picture has 2 tails to be honest) that the cat has two tails so that the test is as fair as possible and to check that they can’t see the tail, opposed to not drawing it. But that’s just my take.

Comment

I bet you are on a statin too. Just about everyone is these days. That is not heart disease. Plaque in your arteries is not heart disease. Heart disease is when there is damage to your heart muscle. Plaque can eventually lead to that if it chokes off the coronary arteries. Everyone over 45 has some plaque in their arteries. It comes with aging. Nobody who is over 70 is going to have the heart of a 20 year old. That is not heart disease, that is old age.
                  Calcium deposits, i.e. plaque buildup in the coronary arteries, aka coronary artery disease, is considered the most common form of heart disease. All you need do is look it up Sparko. Why do you think they call a heart attack a coronary"?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Calcium deposits, i.e. plaque buildup in the coronary arteries, aka coronary artery disease, is considered the most common form of heart disease. All you need do is look it up Sparko. Why do you think they call a heart attack a coronary"?
                    Debating you reminds me of the saying, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig."

Plaque buildup can increase the risk of heart disease, but the presence of plaque in and of itself is not heart disease. At this point, I suspect you know you're wrong, but you're just trolling us with your inane babble.

Comment

I am on statins, but I wouldn't describe my health as "excellent", as per Trump's tame doctor. My health is OK, not excellent. But unlike Trump my cholesterol levels are under control, wheres Trump's levels are far from being under control...unsurprisingly given his propensity for cheese burgers, lack of exercise and obesity. The man's a slob. His self-control re his eating habits is on a per with his libido, i.e. he has none at all.
                      Last edited by Tassman; 01-22-2018, 06:59 PM.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• I wasn't aware there were so many practicing MD's on this forum who can make diagnoses over the internet. tWeb truly is blessed.

Comment

Debating you reminds me of the saying, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig."
                          How ironic you are MM.
                          Plaque buildup can increase the risk of heart disease, but the presence of plaque in and of itself is not heart disease. At this point, I suspect you know you're wrong, but you're just trolling us with your inane babble.
                          Coronary arteries are considered part of the heart and coronary artery disease is considered heart disease and as a matter of fact is considered the most common form of heart disease.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/syc-20353118

You could have just looked it up, take you 2 seconds. Now argue with the Mayo Clinic if you like!

Comment

• You obviously didn't read your own source:

While cardiovascular disease can refer to different heart or blood vessel problems, the term is often used to mean damage to your heart or blood vessels by atherosclerosis (ath-ur-o-skluh-ROE-sis), a buildup of fatty plaques in your arteries. Plaque buildup thickens and stiffens artery walls, which can inhibit blood flow through your arteries to your organs and tissues.

Trump has some plaque build-up which is common in a man his age, but there is no damage to his heart. Thus, Dr. Jackson wasn't being coy and was, in fact, being clinically accurate when he said, "No, President Trump does not have heart disease."

You're so dumb, I bet you forget to breath.

Comment

You obviously didn't read your own source:

While cardiovascular disease can refer to different heart or blood vessel problems, the term is often used to mean damage to your heart or blood vessels by atherosclerosis (ath-ur-o-skluh-ROE-sis), a buildup of fatty plaques in your arteries. Plaque buildup thickens and stiffens artery walls, which can inhibit blood flow through your arteries to your organs and tissues.

Trump has some plaque build-up which is common in a man his age, but there is no damage to his heart. Thus, Dr. Jackson wasn't being coy and was, in fact, being clinically accurate when he said, "No, President Trump does not have heart disease."

You're so dumb, I bet you forget to breath.
                              Egad, it's useless!

Comment

Egad, it's useless!
                                Yeah trying to convince you you’re wrong about your dumb ‘heart disease’ comment is fruitless. My dad also had elevated Cholesterol levels and not a single doctor says he has heart disease because it’s a risk factor and not heart disease. What do these silly cardiologist know, they are only doctors that spend their lives treating heart disease?
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment