Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Health Exam - Bad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And cholesterol isn't necessarily cholesterol. There's what's referred to the "good" and the "bad", and it seems they're constantly changing the way they relate. At the news conference, when one of the reporters yelled out about the "bad cholesterol", the doc was quick to point that out.
    Yeah there are several types of Cholesterol: HDL, LDL and Triglycerides.

LDL cholesterol is bad and clogs your arteries. HDL is good and unclogs your arteries. Triglycerides are not actually "cholesterol" but are linked to the cholesterol tests. They are free fats in the blood stream. When you eat your body converts the calories into triglycerides, and any unused bits are stored in fat cells. When you burn fat, the triglycerides are released back into the blood to burn as energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      JimL your article is from the same place and doesn't counter what the article I quoted said.
      Looks like Jimmy is using shuny's debate tactic of quoting a source that refutes him without realizing it.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

LDL cholesterol is bad and clogs your arteries. HDL is good and unclogs your arteries. Triglycerides are not actually "cholesterol" but are linked to the cholesterol tests. They are free fats in the blood stream. When you eat your body converts the calories into triglycerides, and any unused bits are stored in fat cells. When you burn fat, the triglycerides are released back into the blood to burn as energy.
        And genetics does, indeed, seem to have a whole lot to do with it, as Trumps doctor pointed out. I'm 64, and the only 'medicine' I take is a daily baby aspirin - not "prescribed", but from my own self doctoring.

I eat better than I used to, but I should have really clogged veins and arteries if it were based on "bad diet" from my younger days. Dad passed away at 95, and I seem to have inherited his genes.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Looks like Jimmy is using shuny's debate tactic of quoting a source that refutes him without realizing it.
          Tassman was excelling at that in the ILGA/NAMBLA discussion.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good, cause it's right up there with chocolate as one of my favorite food groups.
            The real problem with pizza is that it's high in carbs because of the crust which can spike your blood sugar. But I have a very hard time saying no to pizza.

Comment

The real problem with pizza is that it's high in carbs because of the crust which can spike your blood sugar. But I have a very hard time saying no to pizza.
              I love the "thin and crispy" pizzas. I'll buy a half dozen Red Barron "thin & crispy" frozen pizzas, and we'll add our own pepperoni, some extra cheese, some black olives and pineapple... and bacon!!!! Makes for a really good home baked pizza.

But, yeah, I hate "bready" or "doughy" pizzas.

Comment

And genetics does, indeed, seem to have a whole lot to do with it, as Trumps doctor pointed out. I'm 64, and the only 'medicine' I take is a daily baby aspirin - not "prescribed", but from my own self doctoring.

I eat better than I used to, but I should have really clogged veins and arteries if it were based on "bad diet" from my younger days. Dad passed away at 95, and I seem to have inherited his genes.
                And I have something called metabolic disorder. I have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, low thyroid and diabetes. I went on a full vegetarian diet for a couple of months, several years ago to try to get my cholesterol down and it remained the same. That is when my doctor told me that my body makes cholesterol and eating doesn't make a difference to it. Eating can change the ratio of good to bad and can lower it somewhat if you eat stuff like oats and fish oil (which I do)

Comment

But pizza is the whole food pyramid in one! It is even shaped like the food pyramid. You have bread, dairy, fat, vegetables, and meat!

Comment

I love the "thin and crispy" pizzas. I'll buy a half dozen Red Barron "thin & crispy" frozen pizzas, and we'll add our own pepperoni, some extra cheese, some black olives and pineapple... and bacon!!!! Makes for a really good home baked pizza.

But, yeah, I hate "bready" or "doughy" pizzas.
                    It's surprisingly hard to find a pizza with a really good tasting crust. I don't care for an excessively thick crust, but I'd prefer that to a tasteless one. New York style pizza is by far my favorite. If you don't have to fold the slice in half to eat it then it's not a real pizza!

Comment

It's surprisingly hard to find a pizza with a really good tasting crust. I don't care for an excessively thick crust, but I'd prefer that to a tasteless one. New York style pizza is by far my favorite. If you don't have to fold the slice in half to eat it then it's not a real pizza!
                      That's one of the things I miss from my time living in the Cleveland Ohio area many years ago -- there were lots of "mom and pop" pizza places around - and not so many chains like Dominos or Pizza Hut.... you could find somebody who made pizza just exactly like you like it. One of the local places was "the Lovin' Oven", and they used a coal fired brick oven.

Comment

That's one of the things I miss from my time living in the Cleveland Ohio area many years ago -- there were lots of "mom and pop" pizza places around - and not so many chains like Dominos or Pizza Hut.... you could find somebody who made pizza just exactly like you like it. One of the local places was "the Lovin' Oven", and they used a coal fired brick oven.
                        Pizza cooked near an open flame is hard to beat. I once ate at a food truck in Portland, Oregon that made pizzas to order, cooked in a portable wood-fired pizza oven. Absolutely amazing.

...and now I'm hungry for pizza.

Comment

Pizza cooked near an open flame is hard to beat. I once ate at a food truck in Portland, Oregon that made pizzas to order, cooked in a portable wood-fired pizza oven. Absolutely amazing.

...and now I'm hungry for pizza.
                          My wife had been bugging me about visiting this special bakery in NW Houston, so one day we set out to find it. It was closed. So, I fired up the GPS on my phone and asked "restaurants near here". It came up with "Locatelli's Pizza" two blocks away, and I was intrigued - sounded like a mom and pop place (and it was). They use big wood fired ovens, and the thin crust pizza is baked so it's brown on the bottom.

They have two recurring slogans -

A) Don't be afraid of the dark (the bottom of the pizza crust is dark from the wood fired oven)
                          2) Free Beer on Mondays (they're closed on Mondays )

Comment

It can be even more complicated than that. I've seen some of this info elsewhere, but this article is easiest for me to find.

Personally, I take somewhat of a Drs. Norton Hadler and Gilbert Welch approach to "screenings" and such.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Eating cholesterol doesn't cause high cholesterol. Doctors abandoned that idea decades ago. Your body creates it's own cholesterol. Eating fatty food is just bad for you for other reasons. And eating sugar is worst for cholesterol than anything else, It causes high triglycerides.
                              There are certain behaviours and eating patterns that place one's cholesterol and LDL levels at higher risk:

Diet : The trans fats, saturated fat, sugar, and (to a lesser extent) cholesterol in the food you eat raise total and LDL cholesterol levels.

Weight: Being overweight can make your LDL cholesterol level go up and your HDL level go down.

Physical activity/exercise : Increased physical activity helps to lower LDL cholesterol and raise HDL cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol) levels. It also helps you lose weight.

https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-ma...l-risk-factors

Donald Trump apparently has no inclination to observe any of these safety measures, consequently he's at high risk of cardiovascular disease. To say he's in "excellent health", as his doctor did, is simply inaccurate.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                To say he's in "excellent health", as his doctor did, is simply inaccurate.
                                And what is your area of medical expertise that allows you to second guess the informed opinion of the qualified physician who examined the President personally?

Comment