Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Health Exam - Bad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The APsaA which is an affiliate of the APA, disagrees with the Goldwater rule. So there!
    They consider it a "free speech" issue but nevertheless they still appear to discourage their membership from doing so saying in their "Position Statement Regarding Psychoanalysts’ Providing Commentary on Public Figures," that

"the American Psychoanalytic Association expects psychoanalysts to exercise extreme caution when making statements to the media about public figures. Respect for the limits of psychoanalytic inference about individuals one does not know and has not interviewed indepth is essential."

They further state that

"In the case of commentary on public figures, we urge all psychoanalysts to take careful precautions so that their comments avoid the appearance of "wild analysis", do not overstep the bounds of psychoanalytic knowledge and undermine the basis for psychoanalytic inference, and of course stay very clearly away from the edge of libel and defamation of character."

Something that this petition clearly violates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They consider it a "free speech" issue but nevertheless they still appear to discourage their membership from doing so saying in their "Position Statement Regarding Psychoanalysts’ Providing Commentary on Public Figures," that

"the American Psychoanalytic Association expects psychoanalysts to exercise extreme caution when making statements to the media about public figures. Respect for the limits of psychoanalytic inference about individuals one does not know and has not interviewed indepth is essential."

They further state that

"In the case of commentary on public figures, we urge all psychoanalysts to take careful precautions so that their comments avoid the appearance of "wild analysis", do not overstep the bounds of psychoanalytic knowledge and undermine the basis for psychoanalytic inference, and of course stay very clearly away from the edge of libel and defamation of character."

Something that this petition clearly violates.
      Apparently the membership disagrees with the organizational statement. Trumps behavior is on display for all to see and psychaitrists are trained in the art of observing and diagnosing that behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Apparently the membership disagrees with the organizational statement. Trumps behavior is on display for all to see and psychaitrists are trained in the art of observing and diagnosing that behavior.
        Yet, when Hillary was exhibiting bizarre behavior, only her own doctor was qualified to diagnose her. You guys are such freakin hypocrites.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          And yet the only doctor who has personally examined the President says that he is physically and mentally fit.

I'll take his word over that of any number of unethical physicians who wish to declare otherwise without having conducted a personal examination of the President.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-11-2018, 02:10 PM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You guys are such freakin hypocrites.
            I would like to point out that I've never accused Trump of being insane, or unhealthy, before you go about throwing around hypocrisy charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              I would like to point out that I've never accused Trump of being insane, or unhealthy, before you go about throwing around hypocrisy charges.
              Then this would obviously not apply to you. If the shoe fits, and all that...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Leonhard CP was quoting JimL, last I checked you aren't JimL.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-12-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yet, when Hillary was exhibiting bizarre behavior, only her own doctor was qualified to diagnose her.
                  Bizarre behavior, what bizarre behavior was Hillary exhibiting? You mean being physically ill which everyone on the right, including you, opined upon?
                  You guys are such freakin hypocrites.
                  Not very self aware are you CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    And yet the only doctor who has personally examined the President says that he is physically and mentally fit.

I'll take his word over that of any number of unethical physicians who wish to declare otherwise without having conducted a personal examination of the President.
                    That was a medical doctor MM, not a psychiatrist, and all that he tested Trump for were signs of senility not the nature of his psyche.

Comment

No competent doctor with any integrity would attempt to diagnose someone without performing a personal examination. The one doctor who has personally examined Trump says that he is mentally and physically fit.
                      Not so. A ‘personality disorder’ (of the narcissistic type), which is what many professionals believe to be Trump’s problem, is generally assessed according to behavioural patterns in terms of functioning and language over a period of time. It doesn’t necessarily reveal itself in a face-to-face assessment as you're claiming to be necessary...in your typical knee-jerk defence of all things Trump.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Not so. A ‘personality disorder’ (of the narcissistic type), which is what many professionals believe to be Trump’s problem, is generally assessed according to behavioural patterns in terms of functioning and language over a period of time. It doesn’t necessarily reveal itself in a face-to-face assessment as you're claiming to be necessary...in your typical knee-jerk defence of all things Trump.
                        Ok, but based on his comments in the press conference, the doctor also took into account his observations of Trump in their frequent interactions over the past months, not just that one-time assessment.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          And yet, medical guidelines explicitly say that it is irresponsible and unethical to diagnose someone without having performed a personal examination.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            That was a medical doctor MM, not a psychiatrist, and all that he tested Trump for were signs of senility not the nature of his psyche.
                            You still can't get away from the fact that the only doctor to have examined the President personally has declared him physically and mentally fit. You have to depend on unethical hacks in the mainstream media to promote your agenda, first with false claims of heart disease, and now this phony psychological evaluation.

Next time you have a medical complaint, I expect you to want the doctor to diagnose you over the phone since you seem to think that a long-distance diagnoses is credible.

Comment

• Oh, and we can't forget the fake news about dementia.

Comment

You still can't get away from the fact that the only doctor to have examined the President personally has declared him physically and mentally fit. You have to depend on unethical hacks in the mainstream media to promote your agenda, first with false claims of heart disease, and now this phony psychological evaluation.

Next time you have a medical complaint, I expect you to want the doctor to diagnose you over the phone since you seem to think that a long-distance diagnoses is credible.
                                I guess I'll have to repeat myself. That was a medical Doctor MM, not a psychiatrist, and all that he tested Trump for were signs of senility, not the nature of his psyche. And that Trump has heart disease is not a false claim, significant plaque buildup in the coronary arteries is considered heart disease.

Comment