TheLurch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    Thanks to Rogue for PMing me about this. Yes, i'm terrible about visiting other areas of the site.

I think fondly of larches, entirely because of the video that Mossy posted. But switching my name would mean i couldn't use this spiffy profile pic. A bow tie on a larch just wouldn't quite work the same.
    Seeing as you're out of Nat. Sci. for the moment, it's time to share one of our in-jokes.

There's an old thread somewhere around here titled "You sick freaks!" and known affectionately as the Lazarus thread, because it can't be killed, and because it's forever wandering as mods from one area banish it to another, often enough to areas where half the members can't post. Not to worry, it'll get moved somewhere you can eventually.

Because it's the Lazarus thread, and the mods are all sick freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      Seeing as you're out of Nat. Sci. for the moment, it's time to share one of our in-jokes.

There's an old thread somewhere around here titled "You sick freaks!" and known affectionately as the Lazarus thread, because it can't be killed, and because it's forever wandering as mods from one area banish it to another, often enough to areas where half the members can't post. Not to worry, it'll get moved somewhere you can eventually.

I think i've seen the phrase "you sick freak" used more than once in NatSci, and assumed there must be some salience to that phrase.
      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Thanks to Rogue for PMing me about this. Yes, i'm terrible about visiting other areas of the site.

I think fondly of larches, entirely because of the video that Mossy posted. But switching my name would mean i couldn't use this spiffy profile pic. A bow tie on a larch just wouldn't quite work the same.

I would never change your name unless you asked me to. It's just that every time I see that you've posted I hear in my mind, in that proper British Pythonesque voice, "The Larch".

So I had to tell you about it.

Thanks for coming to play a little!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I would never change your name unless you asked me to. It's just that every time I see that you've posted I hear in my mind, in that proper British Pythonesque voice, "The Larch"..
          And i suspect i'll be hearing that same voice every time i log in now...

Thanks for coming to play a little!
          Appreciate the invitation!

Comment

I have to say that photo is pretty epic.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

And i suspect i'll be hearing that same voice every time i log in now...
              My job here is done.

Appreciate the invitation!
              Don't be a stranger!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                I have to say that photo is pretty epic.
                There's plenty of epicness where that came from!

Comment

I would never change your name unless you asked me to.
                  Don't believe it for a second. I speak from bitter experience.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What?

I didn't mean this thread to be derogatory or insulting to TheLurch.

Why are you being like this?
                    Whoa - I was kidding - he does next to no posting outside Nat Sci. This reminds me of the lazarus thread which gets stuck everywhere - that was all.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Whoa - I was kidding - he does next to no posting outside Nat Sci. This reminds me of the lazarus thread which gets stuck everywhere - that was all.
                      It's all good then.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

A little squirrel told me that the location of the thread has shifted yet again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A little squirrel told me that the location of the thread has shifted yet again
                          So i see. Uh, thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            By the way, i should say that it's not that i don't think there's anything interesting elsewhere on the site, just that i don't feel i've got much to add to most of those discussions.

Comment

So i see. Uh, thanks?
                              Yeah, it's pretty much just a bunch of posts saying "you sick freak" and the like (although I usually use pictures)

Smiley squirrel.gif XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX HAPPY SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Smiley squirrel.gif

Comment

By the way, i should say that it's not that i don't think there's anything interesting elsewhere on the site, just that i don't feel i've got much to add to most of those discussions.
                                That's never stopped the rest of us.

Comment