Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.19

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    Signs of the times…
    Shalom!

One of the ways to check the authenticity of words of prophecy is whether or not they come true. As far as I am concerned in his 2nd letter to Timothy Paul is vindicated as one who spoke prophetic words. “But know this: Hard times will come in the last days. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, proud, demeaning, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people.” (2 Timothy 3:1–5, CSB)

Yesterday I was watching a video class presented by BiblicalTraining.org where the instructor was talking about being a Christian is no walk in the park. Paul prophesied, “But know this: Hard times will come in the last days,” then he goes on to describe some of the “stuff” going on in our world today. Frankly you don’t have to get very far through the list to get the idea that not only are we facing hard times, we are facing impossible times.

Have you ever heard the phrase, “Survival goes to the fittest,” as much as it makes sense it does not and will not work in God’s world nor in the Christian world. Paul explains what I am talking about. “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and in difficulties, for the sake of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9–10, CSB)

Anyone who has ever studied about Paul knows every well after everything he endured during his ministerial life he was no 90-pound weakling. Because of the many times he was beaten, shipped wrecked, jailed, and betrayed I used to think Paul would not make a good poster for attracting new Christians. Yet my exposure to the way of life described above and my own experience during “hard times” I decided to look past the outward Paul and think about the inward Paul I have decided Paul makes a shining example of a Christian. And while I continue to strive to become more and more like Jesus Paul’s life and writings have been instrumental in my journey.

Here's what Paul was saying with words and his life, “When the world hands you lemons give them to Jesus and wait for Him to make Heaven made Lemonade.” That’s what I want to do with my words and life too and with a tremendous amount of help and encouragement from the Holy Spirit I will succeed. And if I can you can too just put one foot in front of the other take the hand of Jesus and go for it!

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” **

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

** John 14:6, CSB
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X