Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Where is the Roman Church going with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Roman Church going with this?

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/americas/pope-francis-chile-defends-bishop/index.html

Pope Francis defends Chilean bishop accused of covering up sex scandal
    By Ray Sanchez, CNN

"There is not a single proof against him, everything is slander," the Pope said of Barros.
    According to Crux, a Catholic news outlet, Karadima was convicted of pedophilia and abuse of his position in 2011. He was sentenced to a life of penitence and prayer.
    Barros has denied knowing about what he called the "serious abuses" of Karadima and has said he never approved or participated in those actions. In Chile, Pope Francis apologized to victims of abuse by priests. He also met privately with some of them.
    Francis, a native of Argentina, is on a two-country, six-city apostolic visit that started in Chile and ends in Peru next week.
    The environment and the plight of indigenous people are among the themes of Francis' visit, according to the Vatican.
    On Thursday, the Pope took a moment to marry two flight attendants on his papal plane some 36,000 feet over Chile.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

I'm far from a fan of Pope Antichrist but is he right? Is there any evidence against Barros?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Source: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/americas/pope-francis-chile-defends-bishop/index.html

Pope Francis defends Chilean bishop accused of covering up sex scandal
      By Ray Sanchez, CNN

"There is not a single proof against him, everything is slander," the Pope said of Barros.
      According to Crux, a Catholic news outlet, Karadima was convicted of pedophilia and abuse of his position in 2011. He was sentenced to a life of penitence and prayer.
      Barros has denied knowing about what he called the "serious abuses" of Karadima and has said he never approved or participated in those actions. In Chile, Pope Francis apologized to victims of abuse by priests. He also met privately with some of them.
      Francis, a native of Argentina, is on a two-country, six-city apostolic visit that started in Chile and ends in Peru next week.
      The environment and the plight of indigenous people are among the themes of Francis' visit, according to the Vatican.
      On Thursday, the Pope took a moment to marry two flight attendants on his papal plane some 36,000 feet over Chile.

© Copyright Original Source

I’ve heard of this, but know nothing of the issues, so will only say that I have no reason to suppose the Pope will not do the right thing, whatever that may be. I have very little sympathy for those, Catholic or not, who call him bad names or deny that he is Pope.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
        I’ve heard of this, but know nothing of the issues, so will only say that I have no reason to suppose the Pope will not do the right thing, whatever that may be.
        Sounds like unwarranted blind trust to me. It's one thing to say there's no proof, it's another thing to say that anybody making accusations is lying.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Bergoglio: 'rape victims are slandering Bishop!!!'
          normal Catholics: 'how can you say that about actual victims??? Are you saying victims are lying????'
          Bergoglio: '....sorry!'

Best way to hit morale of normal Catholics is to let Pope speak to media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-42745170
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment