Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Post-modern feminist destroyed by facts, reason, and logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-modern feminist destroyed by facts, reason, and logic

I suggest you watch the whole thing. Not only is it intellectually stimulating, but it's also highly entertaining. Unless you're a liberal, in which case you'll likely spend the next 30-minutes squirming uncomfortably in your seat as you watch your ideology fundamentally dismantled:

Breitbart's James Dellingpole offers his own comprehensive analysis:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...takedown-evah/

I think the best part of the interview was around the 22-minute mark when Newman accused Peterson of violating people's "right" not to be offended by his statements, and he said, "In order to think, you have to risk being offensive." He then conceded that Newman pressing him on various points and being combative had made the interview uncomfortable for him, and Newman, being the post-modern ditz that she is, began to gloat, congratulating herself for putting Peterson on the spot until he continued:

"You're doing what you should do, which is digging a bit to see what the hell is going on, and that is what you should do, but you're exercising your freedom of speech to certainly risk offending me, and that's fine. More power to you, as far as I'm concerned."

His point finally hit home, and Newman stammered out a few words before lapsing into stunned silence for several seconds while trying to process the cognitive dissonance that was clearly brewing in her head.

This humiliating interview for Newman has naturally led to some hilarious memes on Twitter.

peterson1.jpg
    peterson2.jpg
    peterson3.jpg
    peterson4.jpg

Newman, of course, has interpreted this well-deserved mockery and satire as an attack on her person and demanded that BBC4 spring for "security experts" to keep her safe from, I don't know, mean Tweets, I guess?

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...ight-bullying/
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-21-2018, 02:33 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Since it was mentioned in the interview, the experiment of the all-female workplace has already been tried and utterly failed. In 2005, a woman by the name of Samantha Brick started an all-female television production company staffed exclusively by women. In Brick's own words, "It was an idealistic vision swiftly shattered by the nightmare reality: constant [nastiness], surging hormones, unchecked emotion, attention-seeking and fashion rivalry so fierce it tore my staff apart." She says that it ultimately led to her "emotional and financial ruin."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...conflict-.html
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-21-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

"destroyed"? Dude, you are SO Yahoo.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        "destroyed"? Dude, you are SO Yahoo.
        I... I'm not even sure what that means.

Maybe you could have included some substance with your snark.

Comment

Peterson perfectly refuted every attempt by Newman to spin his remarks. I'm amazed at his ability to keep track of all that he said and to refute her when she tried to show his remarks as being anti-woman. He even described that many clients were women who wanted to get to the highest offices of companies.

Comment

The interview could be summarized as:

"So what you're is [some distortion of what was actually said]."
            "No, I'm not saying that all!"

Repeat for 30-minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Peterson perfectly refuted every attempt by Newman to spin his remarks. I'm amazed at his ability to keep track of all that he said and to refute her when she tried to show his remarks as being anti-woman. He even described that many clients were women who wanted to get to the highest offices of companies.
              The problem for her is that Jordan Peterson always chooses his words carefully so that when she tried to spin what he said it only showed that she was not interested in getting the truth only in getting her false narrative out there.
              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-21-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I... I'm not even sure what that means.

Maybe you could have included some substance with your snark.
                Yahoo loves, LOVES to claim that so'n'so DESTROYED Trump in...whatever. You're totally aping your opponents, MM. Consider me unimpressed.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yahoo loves, LOVES to claim that so'n'so DESTROYED ...
                  Thank you, Captain ... rouge, what are you doing in the piglet's account?

Comment

Yahoo loves, LOVES to claim that so'n'so DESTROYED Trump in...whatever. You're totally aping your opponents, MM. Consider me unimpressed.
                    Have you considered that "impressing" you is not a high priority for me?

Now maybe if you responded to the substance of the OP instead of taking issue with a single word in the thread title -- a single word in the thread title! -- then I might be impressed with you.

Comment

The right may not be as impressed by Peterson when they find out that he's teaching a course on the Bible from an evolutionary psychology POV and not as a practicing Christian.

He's a smart dude, in any event.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I suggest you watch the whole thing. Not only is it intellectually stimulating, but it's also highly entertaining. Unless you're a liberal, in which case you'll likely spend the next 30-minutes squirming uncomfortably in your seat as you watch your ideology fundamentally dismantled:
                        So delicious...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                          Thank you, Captain ... rouge, what are you doing in the piglet's account?
                          What was that loa?

Smiley squirrel.gif XXXXXXXXXXXXX HAPPY SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY!! XXXXXXXXXXXXX Smiley squirrel.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            What was that loa?
                            Sorry about that, 05.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                              Sorry about that, 05.
                              No worries, sue.

Smiley squirrel.gif XXXXXXXXXXXXX HAPPY SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY!! XXXXXXXXXXXXX Smiley squirrel.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment