Incense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I've never heard of that happening, and if it does (with any regularity) it's not at all what I'm talking about.
    I know it's not what you're talking about. Let me ask you this - if it happened in a store and you walked in, would you know that it was a broken bottle, or would you think it was someone who overused a fragrance?

All I'm saying, is some poor woman walking around with a very good smelling purse isn't that easily distinguished from some poor woman with a lot of perfume on - and you're old enough that you've probably encountered them without knowing it.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      What the hell do you women keep in your purses? Rocks? Hammers?
      Mothers of boys usually do, actually. But I've had them break just because they got to the bottom of the purse and I set it down too quickly.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Mothers of boys usually do, actually. But I've had them break just because they got to the bottom of the purse and I set it down too quickly.
        sure, sure. These are perfume bottles, not light bulbs. They are not made of thin glass. it takes a pretty good wallop to break one. You probably carry around lead weights in your purse!

11367167.jpg

Now maybe spilling one if the lid isn't on tight...

Comment

sure, sure. These are perfume bottles, not light bulbs. They are not made of thin glass. it takes a pretty good wallop to break one. You probably carry around lead weights in your purse!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26181[/ATTACH]

Now maybe spilling one if the lid isn't on tight...
          Actually, broken misters just make them more annoying - they rarely spill that way. Sure, they are made of thick glass - but they really do break and frankly, it's an expensive waste when it happens. Having the mister break because the cap cam off is also an expensive waste.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            I know it's not what you're talking about.
            EGGzackly
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I use incense in our prayer corner at home. Never had a problem with the fire alarm (both in our apartment in Texas and here in MA). But I do use stick incense because I haven't found an incense burner I both like and can afford and I would have to learn how to work it. I use frankincense and myrrh sticks. They're nice.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I dunno - it's amazing how easily something in/on my stove will set the dang things off. Haven't had people smoking in my house.
                Might be a result of your cooking skills?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What the hell do you women keep in your purses? Rocks? Hammers?
                  Looks like you just gave away that you've been swatted by a few

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Looks like you just gave away that you've been swatted by a few
                    My aunt kept so much crap in her purse that one time I hid a brick in it and she never even noticed until I told her about it days later.

Comment

My aunt kept so much crap in her purse that one time I hid a brick in it and she never even noticed until I told her about it days later.
                      How many perfume bottles broke?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        How many perfume bottles broke?
                        Good question. Maybe Teal and these other ladies should check their purses for bricks.

Comment

I've seen wimmenfolk pull out everything but a kitchen sink while fishing for this or that item. I'm starting to suspect that if they ever do find Jimmy Hoffa's body it'll be in the bottom of some little old lady's purse.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I've seen wimmenfolk pull out everything but a kitchen sink while fishing for this or that item. I'm starting to suspect that if they ever do find Jimmy Hoffa's body it'll be in the bottom of some little old lady's purse.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26187[/ATTACH]
                            I once bought a girlfriend a crazy purse that was basically a freaking suitcase on shoulder straps. It even had a thermos built into it and a million pockets and zippers. I bought it as a joke because she always had so much stuff in her purse.

...she loved it and thought it was the greatest thing in the world. sigh.

Comment

This thread stinks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                This thread stinks.
                                it smells to high heaven and is making me incensed

Comment