Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Vatican honors founder of pro-abortion organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vatican honors founder of pro-abortion organization

Of course, they're trying to spin it as a normal honorific, but this is certainly not what I would expect out of the "one true church":

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news...-of-her-views/
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 01-22-2018, 10:34 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

"Subscribe for award winning journalism"
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Of course, they're trying to spin it as a normal honorific, but this is certainly not what I would expect out of the "one true church":

They're trying to "spin" it as a normal honorific because, as far as I can tell, it was a normal honorific. All 10 members of the Denmark delegation to the Vatican received it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The honorific was tied to the returning of some scepter from the 16th century to the Dutch royal family. Maybe it is more about pomp and circumstance within diplomacy than about signaling approval.

Before many noted the significance of returning the scepter as an attempt to heal some breach caused by the Spanish Hapsburg's and the Eighty Years War.

The Pope is d***** if he does, d****** if he doesn't.

Comment

Everybody gets a trophy.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X