Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

SpaceX Completes Falcon Heave Static Fire Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those side booster landing syncronously.

Comment

Well, thars yer flyin car.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        Yeah, i have never seen anything like that. For those who missed it:

Center booster was lost. It apparently didn't have enough of the material used to relight the engines, so only 2/3 relit and it hit the water at 300 MPH. Musk says he's hoping there's video that he can
        Absolutely amazing.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Absolutely amazing.
          guess who was there

launch close up (1 of 1).jpg

early flight (1 of 1).jpg

return of boosters (1 of 1).jpg

boosters landing (1 of 1).jpg

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Musk said that now that they're done with the final version of Falcon 9, which is a new version that supplants all previous ones they've flown, they're focusing 100% on getting the Dragon capsule human rated. He thinks they might be ready to send up astronauts by the end of the year.

Its been a long journey to get to that point since the Shuttle was cancelled, but the Americans can soon launch their astronauts into space again. :D

Comment

Amusing aside:

https://twitter.com/afspace/status/961371676582797313

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 6.00.31 PM.jpg

Very jealous of Jim!
              "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Rooskies are uber jealous:

Source: Leonid Bershidsky

Nowhere did Tuesday's launch of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket echo as powerfully as in Russia. The private U.S. company continues to produce technical feats on which the Russian space industry has given up: First the consistent reuse of rockets, and now the successful launch of a rocket with as many as 27 engines.

The Soviet Union tried something similar in the 1960s and early 1970s. Sergei Korolev, the rocket designer who launched the first satellite and the first man into space, began the development of what came to be known as the N-1, a 30-engine superheavy rocket capable of taking a 75-ton space station to orbit and perhaps to the Moon, Mars and Venus. Finished after Korolev's death in 1966, the N-1 was test-launched four times. Each of the launches failed, largely because of the difficulty of running so many engines at the same time.

Now SpaceX has pulled off a similar task, and even though it's not clear yet who will contract for the Falcon Heavy's services, SpaceX founder Elon Musk now has the most capable missile in the world: It can deliver up to 64 tons into orbit. Russia's plans to build such a rocket, capable of flying to the Moon or to Mars, aren't even complete yet, and certainly not fully funded, though Igor Komarov, head of Roskosmos, the Russian space agency, has promised a first launch in 2028.

Even China is likely to have a superheavy launch vehicle before Russia. But it's the success of upstart Musk that smarts. Roskosmos has the full power of the state behind it, after all. And yet here's this boyish-looking showman launching his roadster into space, David Bowie blasting from the car's speakers and "Don't Panic" -- a quote from Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" -- lit up on the central console.

The corniness didn't make it less bitter. Russians laugh when it hurts and there were plenty of Russian memes that gamely acknowledged defeat by suggesting what Russia could have launched into space in place of a Tesla Roadster.

© Copyright Original Source

Read more here.

The thread title is making me twitch.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      The thread title is making me twitch.
                      Tell me about it, I posted it late at night and discovered the error next morning. Can't a mod fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        Can't a mod change it to covfefe?
                        I approve this message.

Comment

Comment

I've been pointing this out to people since I first saw video of Starman.

Comment

Big as the Falcon Heavy is, there's still a rocket that has it beat by a factor of two.

Comment

Big as the Falcon Heavy is, there's still a rocket that has it beat by a factor of two.

Looks like a roguetech bottle rocket

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment