Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Storms Davos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And as CNN's International Diplomatic Editor, Nic Robertson, dismayingly reported about how Trump was received:
    Oh my gosh, he was waving? Does the man have no shame?

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Oh my gosh, he was waving? Does the man have no shame?

Well the hoped for throngs of protesters didn't materialize and the attendees didn't snub him like they were supposed to so the very least Trump could have done was act cowed and hung his head in shame, and maybe hissed angrily at the crowds.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Why should anyone be embarrassed by the success of one born with a silver spoon in their mouths, particularly a 4 time bankrupt, lying, conniving, cheating, money laundering, thief, like Trump?
        LOL perfect example of sour grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          LOL perfect example of sour grapes.
          Sour grapes, please, the guy makes me ill, not envious. I'm a progressive Sparko, I don't worship money which seems to be what you consider to be success.

Comment

Australian prime minister has nothing but praise for President Trump:

Source: The Most Trusted Name In News

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...fitting-world/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Sour grapes, please, the guy makes me ill, not envious. I'm a progressive Sparko, I don't worship money which seems to be what you consider to be success.
              Sure you do. Pretty much all you do is talk about money and how the rich are ripping off the poor, despite you claiming to be one of the rich! Quite a hypocrite. Why haven't you given your wealth to the needy?

Comment

Sure you do. Pretty much all you do is talk about money and how the rich are ripping off the poor, despite you claiming to be one of the rich! Quite a hypocrite. Why haven't you given your wealth to the needy?
                Untrue all. And I do pay my taxes to help those in need, just as do you, the only difference is that I am happy to do so and you are not.

Comment

Only morons think paying your taxes is a form of charity.

Comment

Adding to this USA TodayFinancial Times, Javier Blas tweeted the following shortly before the speech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26229[/ATTACH]

And as CNN's International Diplomatic Editor, Nic Robertson, dismayingly reported about how Trump was received:
                    A bit more.

Bloomberg news joined USA Today in predicting that "some of the Davos crowd may boycott Trump's speech on Friday, or walk out of it" while the British press acknowledged that Trump instead received a very warm welcome from a group who last year collectively, and quite loudly, bemoaned his election.

From the Sun

Source: HERO'S WELCOME Donald Trump laps up the adulation at Davos as he receives rapturous welcome in Switzerland

The US president was greeted by adoring crowds as he arrived to plug his economic agenda at the World Economic Forum in Davoshe arrived at the venue to a rapturous reception - a sight that is sure to upset his left wing critics.

He smiled and even high-fived some in the crowd that surrounded him taking pictures as he entered the building.

Source

Last edited by rogue06; 01-29-2018, 11:02 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Only morons think paying your taxes is a form of charity.
                      Very odd to me. Apparently voting for Democrats and being happy to pay your taxes is true righteousness; actually helping people out of one's own pocket, voluntarily and maybe even to the point that it hurts, counts for little. (?)
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Untrue all. And I do pay my taxes to help those in need, just as do you, the only difference is that I am happy to do so and you are not.
                        I am not talking about paying taxes. I am talking about giving your money to help the poor directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          Very odd to me. Apparently voting for Democrats and being happy to pay your taxes is true righteousness; actually helping people out of one's own pocket, voluntarily and maybe even to the point that it hurts, counts for little. (?)
                          Doing the former doesn't stop one from doing the latter. But, not everyone will do the latter anyway and it wouldn't take care of the needs of society, thats what taxes are for.

Comment

I am not talking about paying taxes. I am talking about giving your money to help the poor directly.
                            I know you are, because you want to distract and make it personal, but that is not what I or anyone else was talking about.

Comment

A bit more.

Bloomberg news joined USA Today in predicting that "some of the Davos crowd may boycott Trump's speech on Friday, or walk out of it" while the British press acknowledged that Trump instead received a very warm welcome from a group who last year collectively, and quite loudly, bemoaned his election.

From the Sun

Source: HERO'S WELCOME Donald Trump laps up the adulation at Davos as he receives rapturous welcome in Switzerland

The US president was greeted by adoring crowds as he arrived to plug his economic agenda at the World Economic Forum in Davoshe arrived at the venue to a rapturous reception - a sight that is sure to upset his left wing critics.

He smiled and even high-fived some in the crowd that surrounded him taking pictures as he entered the building.

Source

I have it on good authority that the warm reception was meant ironically. No, really!

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              No doubt "The American president was by far the hottest ticket at the World Economic Forum in Davos", people love a freak show.

Comment

I know you are, because you want to distract and make it personal, but that is not what I or anyone else was talking about.
                                So you think you are altruistic and helping the poor by paying taxes and that is all you need to do to help the disadvantaged you keep talking about? People are starving and you are giving them about $100/year from your taxes to help them?

I guess that makes you a murderer since most of your taxes are probably going towards military spending which kills people all over the world, right?

Comment