Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God hardened Pharaoh's heart

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Yes, but is God behind Pharaoh hardening his heart? See my opening post...
    Yes, just not in the sense that He magically (for lack of a better word) induced Pharaoh's heart to harden.
    "But Lord, in your name did we not vote Democrat, and in your name did we not attend many Bernie rallies?" ~ Zymologist

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Yes, just not in the sense that He magically (for lack of a better word) induced Pharaoh's heart to harden.
    Indeed, God may have very well used means to bring about this result...

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Trying to look for hints of synergistic thinking simply doesn't fit the context of Romans 9, whether or not one interprets it to refer to individual election (as opposed to corporate election).
    After looking at it further...I disagree with you. The whole context is dealing exactly with that issue. The question Paul is asking and answering is found in verse 6...has the Word of God failed? Answer is:
    God's salvation is for all those that respond in faith. Reread Rom. 9:30 - 32. The gentiles obtain righteousness by faith. Jews miss it by trying to obtain it by the Law. If the way you respond to God is not synergistic then, I'm not sure what is.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

4. Amen The Remonstrant, OU812 amen'd this post.