Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The slippery slope of self identifying rears it ugly head in Pedophilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'm so disappointed that me brudder didn't come jumping in with both feet over this.
    Perhaps he's learned not to jump at obvious bait.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Perhaps he's learned not to jump at obvious bait.
      But I dangled it so enticingly

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But I dangled it so enticingly
        No, you just made a mistake then pretended it was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          No, you just made a mistake then pretended it was on purpose.
          Obviously

So where's the prodder of bovine?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Obviously

So where's the prodder of bovine?
            Maybe he gave up grammar-naziing for New Years?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              You can do your own research. It's constant with him - he's what we used to call a 'reverse-racist' - he is especially prejudiced against white people but has some signs of traditional anti-black racism as well. He's demonstrated it repeatedly.
              I asked because I had never seen it and its not obvious to me even after reading a few of his posts.

Comment

What neurologist?
                No specific neurologist, just a neurologist in general. In other words, whether or not the idiot in the OP's brain works in an unusual way is a question for medical experts. That previous response was poorly worded on my part.

Comment

Never liked that term. If you're racist toward any group whatever their skin color then your racist plain and simple.
                  I fully agree.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    No specific neurologist, just a neurologist in general. In other words, whether or not the idiot in the OP's brain works in an unusual way is a question for medical experts. That previous response was poorly worded on my part.
                    So there was no neurologist who said his brain works like a 9 year old?

You made the comment that his brain worked like someone younger.
                    I asked who said his brain worked like someone younger. You said a neurologist did and I can't argue with facts.
                    Then when I asked what neurologist you say there was no neurologist.

So basically you just try to defend a pedophile by lying. Nice job.

Comment

So there was no neurologist who said his brain works like a 9 year old?

You made the comment that his brain worked like someone younger.
                      I asked who said his brain worked like someone younger. You said a neurologist did and I can't argue with facts.
                      Then when I asked what neurologist you say there was no neurologist.

So basically you just try to defend a pedophile by lying. Nice job.
                      My first comment in this thread said "When someone's brain works like someone younger than them, that's called a developmental disability. This has literally nothing to do with trans issues." My point was even if this wasn't a desperation move, it would be unrelated to trans people identifying as their non-birth sex. I did not say that his brain worked like someone younger.

Your reply was "who says his brain does work like someone younger. Maybe he just chooses to be a younger person? If someone wants to choose to be another gender is that a problem? So why not age? or race?"

My response was "Who says if his brain works like someone younger? A neurologist. You can't choose to do away with facts." My point was that whether or not his brain works in an unusual way should be determined by a medical expert rather than whim. You can't choose to be another sex, age, or race.

I wasn't as clear as a should have been, but at no point could what I have said be characterized as defending a pedophile without gross assumption. You, on the other hand, were playing devil's advocate in the pedophile's favor in order to make a point, so you fit the bill more than I do. You are now also accusing me of lying and defending a pedophile by mischaracterizing my posts. Maybe you should reacquaint yourself with your own forum's rules of decorum.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        My first comment in this thread said "When someone's brain works like someone younger than them, that's called a developmental disability. This has literally nothing to do with trans issues." My point was even if this wasn't a desperation move, it would be unrelated to trans people identifying as their non-birth sex. I did not say that his brain worked like someone younger.

Your reply was "who says his brain does work like someone younger. Maybe he just chooses to be a younger person? If someone wants to choose to be another gender is that a problem? So why not age? or race?"

My response was "Who says if his brain works like someone younger? A neurologist. You can't choose to do away with facts." My point was that whether or not his brain works in an unusual way should be determined by a medical expert rather than whim. You can't choose to be another sex, age, or race.

I wasn't as clear as a should have been, but at no point could what I have said be characterized as defending a pedophile without gross assumption. You, on the other hand, were playing devil's advocate in the pedophile's favor in order to make a point, so you fit the bill more than I do. You are now also accusing me of lying and defending a pedophile by mischaracterizing my posts. Maybe you should reacquaint yourself with your own forum's rules of decorum.
                        Yes you were not as clear as you could have been. It seemed like you were arguing that the guy was indeed developmentally disabled and a neurologist had said so when in fact your whole argument was merely hypothetical. There is no indication that this guy is developmentally a child at all. It sounds like he is just making up some excuse to try to get out of paying for his crime.

And no I was not playing devil's advocate at all. I have no idea how you got that.

Comment