Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taz - RIP

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes it was. I am doing ok too. I feel that it was for the best.

The house feels empty though :-(
    It is rough losing a pet.

But the local pound will have many more alert watchdogs, willing to tirelessly guard the couch. My favorites are basset hound, which is capable of conserving vast amounts of energy, and a Newfoundland, which will coat your carpets with a protective layer of hair.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post

But the local pound will have many more alert watchdogs, willing to tirelessly guard the couch. My favorites are basset hound, which is capable of conserving vast amounts of energy, and a Newfoundland, which will coat your carpets with a protective layer of hair.

Yeah the reason I had a Schnauzer was because they don't shed. and I don't have a very large yard so I don't have room for a large dog.

I will be getting a new dog, but I think I will wait a while. I am visiting Germany this summer and will probably wait till after that so I don't have to put a new dog in boarding while I am gone. And I will probably get another schnauzer. Hopefully a rescue like Taz was.

3. Amen ke7ejx, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post

Newfies are huge. My brother had one, a very sweet and lovable dog[1], that when she would jump up and put her giant paws on my shoulders as she stood on her hind legs, towered over me (and I'm 5'16" tall).

1. Except for the violent drunk that lived down the street who deliberately tried to kill her by driving over her in his Yugo. All he succeeded in doing was breaking a dew claw and making her very angry. When he returned later that day she went all Cujo on his car with him inside pretty much ripping it apart.

I'm always still in trouble again

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Newfies are huge. My brother had one, a very sweet and lovable dog[1], that when she would jump up and put her giant paws on my shoulders as she stood on her hind legs, towered over me (and I'm 5'16" tall).

1. Except for the violent drunk that lived down the street who deliberately tried to kill her by driving over her in his Yugo. All he succeeded in doing was breaking a dew claw and making her very angry. When he returned later that day she went all Cujo on his car with him inside pretty much ripping it apart.
    My neighbor to the back has two of them. Taz and them used to bark at each other. Taz was awfully brave then there was a fence between them.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My neighbor to the back has two of them. Taz and them used to bark at each other. Taz was awfully brave then there was a fence between them.

If they'd been able to get to Taz they probably would have slobbered him to death.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Reminds me of the dog my mother had when I was in school. He was small but definitely an Alpha. She would pick me up after school and would have him with her. The route back and forth passed a place where there were horses. He never did anything on the way to get me but on the way back he would growl very quietly, almost under his breath, when we passed them. It was like he thought those were mighty big "dogs" there and he probably shouldn't push it.

I'm always still in trouble again

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am so sorry Sparky.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

9. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

11. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    41st Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There were Rotties next door for a while. They dug huge potholes under the fence into my yard. They're gone and the landlord did kindly fill in the holes in my yard. The new renters have chihuahuas and the remaining gaps in my fence are no problems for them especially when the female chihuahua on the other side of me was in heat....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!

dog-1033155_1920.jpg