Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Taz - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My neighbor to the back has two of them. Taz and them used to bark at each other. Taz was awfully brave then there was a fence between them.
    Reminds me of the dog my mother had when I was in school. He was small but definitely an Alpha. She would pick me up after school and would have him with her. The route back and forth passed a place where there were horses. He never did anything on the way to get me but on the way back he would growl very quietly, almost under his breath, when we passed them. It was like he thought those were mighty big "dogs" there and he probably shouldn't push it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am so sorry Sparky.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

There were Rotties next door for a while. They dug huge potholes under the fence into my yard. They're gone and the landlord did kindly fill in the holes in my yard. The new renters have chihuahuas and the remaining gaps in my fence are no problems for them especially when the female chihuahua on the other side of me was in heat....
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!

dog-1033155_1920.jpg
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26311[/ATTACH]
              I will never own a Chihuahua or any other bug-eyed dog.

Comment

How are you doing, Sparky?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  How are you doing, Sparky?

I am ok. I miss him. I keep thinking about getting a new dog, but I want to hold off until I get back from my trip to Germany this summer. I hope I can last that long. I figure God will bring me the right dog at the right time though.

Comment

I am ok. I miss him. I keep thinking about getting a new dog, but I want to hold off until I get back from my trip to Germany this summer. I hope I can last that long. I figure God will bring me the right dog at the right time though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If there's one nearby and you just want to pet something for a bit, you might consider pet rentals. Until summer, I mean.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If there's one nearby and you just want to pet something for a bit, you might consider pet rentals. Until summer, I mean.
                        That sounds horrible. Those poor dogs. Rented out like furniture?

Comment

That sounds horrible. Those poor dogs. Rented out like furniture?
                          Beats staying in a kennel forever. Actually, some pounds are trying it to improve adoption - gives a trial period to make sure the new owner can actually deal with the dog.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Didn't they used to call that "fostering"?

Comment

Beats staying in a kennel forever. Actually, some pounds are trying it to improve adoption - gives a trial period to make sure the new owner can actually deal with the dog.
                              Yeah but renting out dogs? Not only do the renters either not care about the dogs or start to care and have to return them, but the poor dog thinks he is going to a home and then ends up back in the pen. Over and over? No, that's not right at all. And to CHARGE for it?

I can see a trial period for someone wanting to adopt to make sure it fits them, but not a rental service. It is probably used by guys who want to have a dog to walk to pick up girls mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Didn't they used to call that "fostering"?
                                That is a volunteer who home cares for the dog until it is adopted. They don't rent the dogs out or keep switching foster homes on the dog.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X