Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Uh-huh, sure, that's the reason.

Meanwhile, Nunes is proceeding with his investigation like a pitbull and has threatened subpoenas if people don't voluntarily cooperate.
    Yes, It was great to see how Nunes and the republicans are demanding answers from the likes of Bannon and Hope Hicks. They are supposed to be investigating, i.e. getting answers, not aiding in the obstruction. It's a good bet that Nunes, who was part of the Trump transition team, is himself guilty and is working feverishly in an effort to protect his own butt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    It's a good bet that Nunes, who was part of the Trump transition team, is himself guilty and is working feverishly in an effort to protect his own butt.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As much as liberals don't want to admit it, the Democrat response was a flop... oh, and this isn't just going to go away:

Source: Jeff Sessions Affirms Inspector General Review of FISA Court Abuse by Dept. of Justice…

Attorney General Sessions affirms the FISA court abuse by the DOJ and FBI will indeed be investigated and prosecuted and directed attention to Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

[...]

AG Sessions affirms, IG Horowitz is NOT limited in scope. Horowitz is investigating *all* avenues of politicization within the DOJ and FBI and abuse therein; this includes FISA abuse.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...pt-of-justice/

© Copyright Original Source

But according to the article, this is not news because Session's justice department has been pursuing a number of leads since at least early-January, but it is Sessions's stated policy not to comment on ongoing investigations, which is probably why we haven't heard much about this (that and the mainstream media's studious indifference to this scandal). However, we can judge by the explosive revelations contained in the Nunes and Graham/Grassley memos and the Democrat party's utter failure to substantively counter the facts that we can be sure this thing has teeth. And there are rumors that Nunes has other memos up his sleeve that will be released over time.

This isn't over, folks, not by a long shot.
    Also, take a look at the expression on Session's face just before he makes the announcement:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.01.09 AM.jpg

That's not the face of a guy who's messing around.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sounds like McCabe may be in some piping hot water.

Source: Andrew McCabe, Ex-Deputy Director of F.B.I., Will Be Faulted for Leaks

A Justice Department review is expected to criticize the former F.B.I. deputy director, Andrew G. McCabe, for authorizing the disclosure of information about a continuing investigation to journalists, according to four people familiar with the inquiry.

Such a damning report would give President Trump new ammunition to criticize Mr. McCabe, who is at the center of Mr. Trump’s theory that “deep state” actors inside the F.B.I. have been working to sabotage his presidency. But Mr. McCabe’s disclosures to the news media do not fit neatly into that assumption: They contributed to a negative article about Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration’s Justice Department — not Mr. Trump.

The department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, has zeroed in on disclosures to The Wall Street Journal as part of a wide-ranging investigation into, among other things, how the F.B.I. approached the 2016 inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s handling of classified information. Mr. Horowitz has said he expects to release a report this month or next.

Mr. McCabe, under pressure from the F.B.I. director, Christopher A. Wray, stepped down as the deputy director in late January amid concerns over the coming report.

The findings have potentially serious ramifications for the F.B.I., which is in the middle of a special counsel investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia. Though the report is not expected to focus on that, some of the same agents — including Mr. McCabe — handled both the Russia case and the Clinton inquiry. A report that questions the judgment of those agents would give fodder for Mr. Trump and his supporters to step up their attacks on the F.B.I.

[...]

In October 2016, The Wall Street Journal revealed a dispute between F.B.I. and Justice Department officials over how to proceed in an investigation into the financial dealings of the Clinton family’s foundation. The article revealed a closed-door meeting during which senior Justice Department officials were dismissive of the evidence and declined to authorize subpoenas or grand jury activity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/u...T.nav=top-news

© Copyright Original Source

That last paragraph there is a doozy. It sure sounds like Obama's Justice Department was eager to quash any investigation into Hillary's dirty-dealings. It's probably less a matter of what they were afraid they would find and more they a matter of knew exactly what they would find.

Although we need to be careful since this is the New York Times, and have don't have the best reputation, especially when it comes to anonymous sources.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is too long and complex to easily summarize, but the short version is that AG Sessions may be a lot further ahead in the game than we realize:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ecial-counsel/

If this analysis is correct, it sounds like the DOJ has been working closely with a prosecutor for almost year and building a case against Obama and his gang.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More information...

----------

Attorney General Jeff Sessions appointed prosecutors in 2017 to investigate matters Congress referred to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) as growing scandals possibly involved criminal activities.
    These prosecutors will report directly back to Sessions, who told Fox News on Wednesday night that he will then decide whether a second special prosecutor is necessary to take these matters to court.

Critics of the attorney general have said he needs to look into matters where there are suspicions that crimes may have been committed, such as the growing scandal regarding Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) search warrants to spy on members of President Trump’s campaign and transition team in 2016. Emerging evidence suggests this surveillance continued after the presidential election.

He is doing exactly that, Sessions told Shannon Bream during an interview Wednesday. The attorney general has appointed a prosecutor with “many years in the Department of Justice” to investigate these things, and will “consider seriously” appointing a second special counsel to possibly bring criminal charges.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...al-prosecutor/

----------

This could get VERY interesting.