Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Oh whah, us poor persecuted conservative christians. Grow up. The MSM isn't making the news, they are reporting it, that it seems to be going against you may be because you are dupes represented by a bunch of con men, nut cases, and charlatans.
    If they were reporting it they would be all over the recent news stories exposing how the FBI lead the FISA court to believe that the Steele dossier was the result of information gathered by our Intelligence agencies rather than being a bought and paid for hoax full of baseless rumors and scurrilous gossip. They would be all over the Uranium One quid pro quo deal. They would be all over these and a host of other similar stories. Instead they act as the palace guard for the Democrat Party scurrying about screeching that there's nothing to see here

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I've missed you!
      I told you that you needed to lead him just a wee bit more.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I told you that you needed to lead him just a wee bit more.
        He wasn't moving that fast.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If they were reporting it they would be all over the recent news stories exposing how the FBI lead the FISA court to believe that the Steele dossier was the result of information gathered by our Intelligence agencies rather than being a bought and paid for hoax full of baseless rumors and scurrilous gossip. They would be all over the Uranium One quid pro quo deal. They would be all over these and a host of other similar stories. Instead they act as the palace guard for the Democrat Party scurrying about screeching that there's nothing to see here
          Wouldn't matter to you, that's your problem. The MSM has been all over these stories but they can't make you believe the results of their reporting. The only way you would believe anything the MSM reports is if what it reports is in agreement with what the right wing echo chamber has already poured into the porches of your naive ears.

Comment

When a conservative is involved then no evidence is even needed to keep it in the headlines (witness the Trump collusion story itself[1]) with comments like "it's the seriousness of the charge that matters" used to justify it.

1. Although Trump is more a populist than conservative.
            The statement that the collusion story "has no evidence" continues to amaze me. I have no idea if there was actually collusion (which frankly wouldn't be illegal, as far as I know), but there is significant evidence that it may have happened, which has been unearthed by multiple investigations:
            • The Kushner/Mannafort/Trump Jr. meetings at Trump tower in June 2016
            • Papadopoulos meeting in April, 2016
            • The cover-up statement about the above meeting issued by Trump in July 2017
            • Meetings between Flynn and Russia in December (which he lied about)
            • Session's "memory lapses" to the FBI
            • The classified information Schiff (and others) indicated was heard behind closed doors and cannot be shared with the public
            • Trump's own continual (and perplexing) defense of Putin and Russia
            • Trump's own public encouragement fro Russia to hack the Clinton campaign
            • Trump's current refusal to enforce the sanctions a Republican-led Congress voted on last year

That's the list that came to mind, just sitting here thinking about it. Clearly most people on the right have found ways to rationalize all of this away, but that rationalization does not mean "there is no evidence." It simply means the right is turning a blind eye to the evidence that has been collected.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I've missed you!
              Cheater!
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

They did report on both, did investigative reporting, and found basically "nothing there." Even a Fox News broadcaster mocked the Uranium One "scandal" as a "nothing there" event. The press has moved on, Rogue. It's the politicians and those on the right trying to make political hay in the light of the upcoming elections that have not moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  Gee, I don't know...hmmm...maybe that there's really no scandal and this is just more fear mongering from the right trying to distract from the significant problems facing the Trump administration...and an attempt to try to mute the likely blue wave coming in November?
                  Talk about your conspiracy theories.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Cheater!
                    I miss him him for totally different reasons than I... um... he's special in a WAY different way. You has intelligentz!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Talk about your conspiracy theories.
                      Oh there's no conspiracy to it, MM. It's just the drumbeat that has picked up over the course of the last few months. It's easy to get that drumbeat started with so many so narrowly focused on a few extreme-right media outlets that are pounding on these themes regularly, a president who consumes those channels and then tweets about them regularly, and a Republican party that is running scared of the impact any "anti-Trump" position will have on their election possibilities, and the repeated mantra of "fake news" from all quarters.

I have no illusion that there is an organized conspiracy to pound these drums. It's simple mob mentality in action, AFAICT. But apparently there is a coordinated conspiracy of the MSM to turn a blind eye to everything the right keeps harping on. Go figure.

Comment

I miss him him for totally different reasons than I... um... he's special in a WAY different way. You has intelligentz!
                        An intelligence that's 97.3% wrong? Maybe you aren't picking out the attribute I possess which you most admire...

Comment

An intelligence that's 97.3% wrong? Maybe you aren't picking out the attribute I possess which you most admire...
                          Who knows! But I am glad you're here.

Comment

It's easy to get that drumbeat started with so many so narrowly focused on a few extreme-right media outlets...

The only drumbeat we've heard for over a year is "Trump colluded with Russia! Trump colluded with Russia!" but those drums have gotten awfully quiet lately, haven't they? I wonder why? Like I said, the liberal media stopped asking questions because they really don't want to know the answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The only drumbeat we've heard for over a year is "Trump colluded with Russia! Trump colluded with Russia!" but those drums have gotten awfully quiet lately, haven't they? I wonder why?
                              Certainly not the only one. From the left comes "Trump colludes with Russia" and there are multiple ongoing investigations by a Republican led Congress, a Republican-appointed special investigator, and a Republican-led DOJ. From the right comes "Clinton and the DNC colluded with Russia," but I am not finding many signs of any investigation, despite all of the investigative agencies being Republican-led. From the right we also have the drumbeat of "Uranium One," "Clinton emails" (though less so these days), "Benghazi" (though less these days), and the list just goes on and on.

And you must have a different news feed than mine - I certainly continue to see articles and reports about the multiple investigations in progress, and Trump continues to keep it hot by tweeting on it fairly regularly.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Like I said, the liberal media stopped asking questions because they really don't want to know the answers.
                              Or the most media have stopped chasing the DNC/Clinton colllusion and Uranium One and all the rest because there's nothing there.

Comment

Or the most media have stopped chasing the DNC/Clinton colllusion and Uranium One and all the rest because there's nothing there.
                                Uh-huh, sure, that's the reason.

Meanwhile, Nunes is proceeding with his investigation like a pitbull and has threatened subpoenas if people don't voluntarily cooperate.

Comment