Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is called an opinion.
    It's an "opinion" from an authoritative source and it's widely supported. Therefore it warrants being taken seriously.
    Last edited by Tassman; 02-04-2018, 10:19 PM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      It matters in that one needs to take into account it's extreme right-wing bias. “Breitbart News Network is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2007 by conservative commentator and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). It also has a daily radio program, Breitbart News Daily. The content ranges from extreme right wing bias to conspiracy to racism”.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

The fact that you quote Breitbart almost exclusively puts you in the same category.
      Media Bias Fact Check has no credibility, not when they rate far-left and questionably accurate sites like Snopes, Politifact, Washington Post, and Politico as unbiased or slightly left-leaning and highly accurate.

But they tell you what you want to hear, and that's good enough for you, am I right?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Media Bias Fact Check has no credibility, not when they rate far-left and questionably accurate sites like Snopes, Politifact, Washington Post, and Politico as unbiased or slightly left-leaning and highly accurate.

But they tell you what you want to hear, and that's good enough for you, am I right?
        Well you are a prime example of that, as several people have pointed out.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          This is called an opinion.
          . . . by a recognized Republican authority.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            Well you are a prime example of that, as several people have pointed out.
            Nah, I see you babies crying about my sources without ever successfully refuting any of the information presented. One of the reasons I keep using Breitbart is because of your histrionics.

Comment

Nah, I see you babies crying about my sources without ever successfully refuting any of the information presented. One of the reasons I keep using Breitbart is because of your histrionics.
              This is not a coherent reason to use Breitbart, because the reason to use a news source is the nature of the news source and not you accusation of histrionics of another which is questionable hyperbole. Breitbart is an extreme conservative right wing source. I would not rely on Bretbart any more than I would rely on Chapo Trap House,
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                . . . by a recognized Republican authority.

And THIS is a really DUMB opinion.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank-n-beans View Post
                  This is not a coherent reason to use Breitbart, because the reason to use a news source is the nature of the news source and not you accusation of histrionics of another which is questionable hyperbole. Breitbart is an extreme conservative right wing source. I would not rely on Bretbart any more than I would rely on Chapo Trap House,
                  And yet nobody has ever refuted any Breitbart article I've posted. They cry, they whine, they appeal to the genetic fallacy, they find some liberal website that will give it the unsubstantiated spin they're looking for... but actual refutations? Few and far between, my friend.

Comment

So now you double down with the ad hominem fallacy and still haven't credibly disputed the article in question.

Nicely played.
                    Ad hominem? I observe that you are locked into a bubble, MM. That is an observation based upon your posts. And of COURSE I have not credibly disputed your post. History suggests there is absolutely nothing anyone can post that you will view as "credible" if it has to do with Breitbart and casts them in a negative, so you can continue to say, "never been shown wrong." Making any further attempt to do so is pointless. If you think I am wrong about this, there is a simple solution. Show me (us?) a single post in which you agreed with a negative summary of Breitbart. Surely this media outlet cannot be unique in being flawless? Surely you must have found one little article where Breitbart has erred, and retracted it?
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      Ad hominem? I observe that you are locked into a bubble, MM.
                      You've convinced yourself that this is what you "observe" because you think this in and of itself discredits my position without you taking the trouble to actually discredit it. It's a classic ad hominen fallacy.

So here's the article in question:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...yre-going-win/

Which I summarized as follows: 'Former CIA counterterrorism official Phil Mudd tells CNN that the FBI is ticked at Trump for releasing the memo and says, "I know how this game is going to be played, and we’re going to win."'

I then gave some commentary that these are chilling words, almost as if he's forgotten that the FBI is not its own branch of the government but is answerable to Congress and the President himself.

You've objected to this, but I'm not sure why. Are you suggesting that Mudd really didn't say this, and that Breitbart fabricated the quote? Do you dispute the fact that the FBI is answerable to Congress and the President? Do you take issue with my calling this a "chilling" pronouncement?

Who knows what you're actually disagreeing with here, because all you've offered is "But- but Breitbart! "

Seriously, carpe, stop this foolishness, because you are quickly becoming a waste of my time.

Comment

You've convinced yourself that this is what you "observe" because you think this in and of itself discredits my position without you taking the trouble to actually discredit it. It's a classic ad hominen fallacy.

So here's the article in question:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...yre-going-win/

Which I summarized as follows: 'Former CIA counterterrorism official Phil Mudd tells CNN that the FBI is ticked at Trump for releasing the memo and says, "I know how this game is going to be played, and we’re going to win."'

I then gave some commentary that these are chilling words, almost as if he's forgotten that the FBI is not its own branch of the government but is answerable to Congress and the President himself.

You've objected to this, but I'm not sure why. Are you suggesting that Mudd really didn't say this, and that Breitbart fabricated the quote? Do you dispute the fact that the FBI is answerable to Congress and the President? Do you take issue with my calling this a "chilling" pronouncement?

Who knows what you're actually disagreeing with here, because all you've offered is "But- but Breitbart! "

Seriously, carpe, stop this foolishness, because you are quickly becoming a waste of my time.
                        So would you please go back and point out exactly where I "objected to" this article?
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 02-05-2018, 09:49 AM.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Does anyone else find it ironic that while the democrats and FBI are investigating Trump for colluding with the Russians, the only thing that is clear is that the Democrats were the ones colluding with the Russians to create the dossier that they are using to investigate Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Does anyone else find it ironic that while the democrats and FBI are investigating Trump for colluding with the Russians, the only thing that is clear is that the Democrats were the ones colluding with the Russians to create the dossier that they are using to investigate Trump?
                            There's so much irony in politics nowadays that I think I might be at risk of liver failure.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              So would you please go back and point out exactly where I "objected to" this article?
                              Is this your way of conceding that Breitbart accurately reported the facts?

Comment

Is this your way of conceding that Breitbart accurately reported the facts?
                                No. I have not read the article, so I have no position on the article. I never have. This is my way of asking you to defend your claim that I "objected to" the Brietbart article.

Comment