Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Ben Hur: the Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Hur: the Remake

The guy who plays Messala looks eerily and creepily like our crazy neighbour from across the street.

AND any resemblance to the book is purely coincidental.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

is the movie any good?

Comment

Lots more action and less talk than the Heston one. More talk than the silent one.

The chariot race is very exciting, and there is far more seen of Jesus. The entire bit about Judah going to Rome and becoming adopted by Quintus was left out, and other things were very different.

Don't want to give spoilers.

Having recently re-read the book, I was being quite critical during viewing. Probably made my son and husband crazy with "That's not the way is is in the book!".

It's worth a watch. And then you'll get to see what my crazy neighbour looks like, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Lots more action and less talk than the Heston one. More talk than the silent one.

The chariot race is very exciting, and there is far more seen of Jesus. The entire bit about Judah going to Rome and becoming adopted by Quintus was left out, and other things were very different.

Don't want to give spoilers.

Having recently re-read the book, I was being quite critical during viewing. Probably made my son and husband crazy with "That's not the way is is in the book!".

It's worth a watch. And then you'll get to see what my crazy neighbour looks like, too!
        I added it to my Netflix DVD queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I added it to my Netflix DVD queue.
          We don't have it on Canadian Netflix. Found it for 5 bucks at Walmart.

Comment

Oh, and be prepared to note that the message around Christ is pretty wishy-washy.

Comment

I think I will skip the remake, thanks.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                0000000000can't disagree.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]26296[/ATTACH]

Comment