Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Should God Appear To Me?

  1. #61
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,717
    Amen (Given)
    911
    Amen (Received)
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I answered you - read Romans. Jesus sacrifice covers the sin of mankind. All of mankind. It is applied only to those who ask him for salvation.

    Basically it is like a prepaid ticket waiting for you to ask for it at the box office. It is there for anyone who asks. But only those who do ask will get it. Anyone who doesn't will pay their own way even though there was a prepaid ticket just waiting for them if they wanted.

    In your case you do know about it yet you refuse to accept it. So rather than worry about the "millions who didn't know" you should worry about yourself because you will have no excuse.
    C'mon Sparko, even you can't be that stupid. No one can ask Jesus to save them if they had never even heard of his existence. In my case I have heard what I believe to be nonsense, so no, I do not know and yet refuse to accept it, I've heard and don't believe it. But we are no talking about me, I'm talking about all of those billions who died never having heard of Jesus.

  2. #62
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,998
    Amen (Given)
    3104
    Amen (Received)
    17055
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    C'mon Sparko, even you can't be that stupid. No one can ask Jesus to save them if they had never even heard of his existence. In my case I have heard what I believe to be nonsense, so no, I do not know and yet refuse to accept it, I've heard and don't believe it. But we are no talking about me, I'm talking about all of those billions who died never having heard of Jesus.
    Why do you keep repeating the same idiocy over and over? No you can't ask him to save you FROM YOUR SINS if you never heard of him. I covered this several posts ago. That is why we spread the gospel.

    Those who have never heard of him are on their own. They are sinners and without Jesus they will be judged on their actions and their conscience. Just like you will be. So that is why Christians spread the gospel so as many as can be will be saved. And then there are people like you who know the gospel, but reject it and mock it. You have no excuse. Worry about yourself.

  3. #63
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,717
    Amen (Given)
    911
    Amen (Received)
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Why do you keep repeating the same idiocy over and over? No you can't ask him to save you FROM YOUR SINS if you never heard of him. I covered this several posts ago. That is why we spread the gospel.

    Those who have never heard of him are on their own. They are sinners and without Jesus they will be judged on their actions and their conscience. Just like you will be. So that is why Christians spread the gospel so as many as can be will be saved. And then there are people like you who know the gospel, but reject it and mock it. You have no excuse. Worry about yourself.
    Okay, so that's what I said, your notion of god is that of an unjust god, a god who offers mercy and salvation to some while basically ignoring billions of others who due to their very nature will go to hell. Now, I don't buy any of this nonsense of course, but you're fooling yourself to refer to that treatment as just, and to define your god as just.

  4. #64
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,571
    Amen (Given)
    4863
    Amen (Received)
    1572
    Those that never heard are in the same boat as everyone before the time of Christ. Some philosophers consider that God may save anyone who would want to be saved if they knew. He who seeks, will find. Of course, actually becoming a Christian instead of merely having a vague pre-Christ faith in God is better. Of course, God will be true to His nature and do whatever the just thing is. And it's not as if He owes us annoying little brats anything for being jerks to Him. Even if we didn't intend to be,
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  5. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  6. #65
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,717
    Amen (Given)
    911
    Amen (Received)
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Those that never heard are in the same boat as everyone before the time of Christ.
    Right, and if you were in that boat you'd have been destined for hell with no Jesus to offer you a way out, right?
    Some philosophers consider that God may save anyone who would want to be saved if they knew.
    Ah, don't be silly, that would include eveyone.
    He who seeks, will find.
    For one thing, thats nonsense, for another, you'd have to know what it is you are looking for, and it would have to actually exist, in order that you find it.

    Of course, actually becoming a Christian instead of merely having a vague pre-Christ faith in God is better. Of course, God will be true to His nature and do whatever the just thing is. And it's not as if He owes us annoying little brats anything for being jerks to Him. Even if we didn't intend to be,
    Spin it however it makes you feel better, but the point remains the same, it is unjust to treat some better than others, and so your god, assuming for the sake of argument that he exists, is unjust.

  7. #66
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,571
    Amen (Given)
    4863
    Amen (Received)
    1572
    You really don't get it. You don't really want to spend eternity in God's presence. You'd rather have your own way. Fine. Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  8. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  9. #67
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,717
    Amen (Given)
    911
    Amen (Received)
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    You really don't get it. You don't really want to spend eternity in God's presence. You'd rather have your own way. Fine. Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!
    No, I do get it, you don't, which is why rather than giving a logical, coherent answer to the dilemma I pose, the unjust treatment of his people by your god, you attack me personally.

  10. #68
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,998
    Amen (Given)
    3104
    Amen (Received)
    17055
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Okay, so that's what I said, your notion of god is that of an unjust god, a god who offers mercy and salvation to some while basically ignoring billions of others who due to their very nature will go to hell. Now, I don't buy any of this nonsense of course, but you're fooling yourself to refer to that treatment as just, and to define your god as just.
    well if you consider that "just" would be to let everyone go to hell, then I am thankful for his mercy.

  11. #69
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,998
    Amen (Given)
    3104
    Amen (Received)
    17055
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, I do get it, you don't, which is why rather than giving a logical, coherent answer to the dilemma I pose, the unjust treatment of his people by your god, you attack me personally.
    You haven't posed any dilemmas and we have answered every question you have asked. In return you play stupid. Or maybe you really are. Either way, your have your answers if you just read them.

  12. #70
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Peter's Creek, Alaska
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,157
    Amen (Given)
    17885
    Amen (Received)
    5884
    Pearls before swine?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

  13. Amen mossrose, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •