Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Should God Appear To Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I answered you - read Romans. Jesus sacrifice covers the sin of mankind. All of mankind. It is applied only to those who ask him for salvation.

Basically it is like a prepaid ticket waiting for you to ask for it at the box office. It is there for anyone who asks. But only those who do ask will get it. Anyone who doesn't will pay their own way even though there was a prepaid ticket just waiting for them if they wanted.

In your case you do know about it yet you refuse to accept it. So rather than worry about the "millions who didn't know" you should worry about yourself because you will have no excuse.
    C'mon Sparko, even you can't be that stupid. No one can ask Jesus to save them if they had never even heard of his existence. In my case I have heard what I believe to be nonsense, so no, I do not know and yet refuse to accept it, I've heard and don't believe it. But we are no talking about me, I'm talking about all of those billions who died never having heard of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      C'mon Sparko, even you can't be that stupid. No one can ask Jesus to save them if they had never even heard of his existence. In my case I have heard what I believe to be nonsense, so no, I do not know and yet refuse to accept it, I've heard and don't believe it. But we are no talking about me, I'm talking about all of those billions who died never having heard of Jesus.
      Why do you keep repeating the same idiocy over and over? No you can't ask him to save you FROM YOUR SINS if you never heard of him. I covered this several posts ago. That is why we spread the gospel.

Those who have never heard of him are on their own. They are sinners and without Jesus they will be judged on their actions and their conscience. Just like you will be. So that is why Christians spread the gospel so as many as can be will be saved. And then there are people like you who know the gospel, but reject it and mock it. You have no excuse. Worry about yourself.

Comment

Why do you keep repeating the same idiocy over and over? No you can't ask him to save you FROM YOUR SINS if you never heard of him. I covered this several posts ago. That is why we spread the gospel.

Those who have never heard of him are on their own. They are sinners and without Jesus they will be judged on their actions and their conscience. Just like you will be. So that is why Christians spread the gospel so as many as can be will be saved. And then there are people like you who know the gospel, but reject it and mock it. You have no excuse. Worry about yourself.
        Okay, so that's what I said, your notion of god is that of an unjust god, a god who offers mercy and salvation to some while basically ignoring billions of others who due to their very nature will go to hell. Now, I don't buy any of this nonsense of course, but you're fooling yourself to refer to that treatment as just, and to define your god as just.

Comment

Those that never heard are in the same boat as everyone before the time of Christ. Some philosophers consider that God may save anyone who would want to be saved if they knew. He who seeks, will find. Of course, actually becoming a Christian instead of merely having a vague pre-Christ faith in God is better. Of course, God will be true to His nature and do whatever the just thing is. And it's not as if He owes us annoying little brats anything for being jerks to Him. Even if we didn't intend to be,
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Those that never heard are in the same boat as everyone before the time of Christ.
            Right, and if you were in that boat you'd have been destined for hell with no Jesus to offer you a way out, right?
            Some philosophers consider that God may save anyone who would want to be saved if they knew.
            Ah, don't be silly, that would include eveyone.
            He who seeks, will find.
            For one thing, thats nonsense, for another, you'd have to know what it is you are looking for, and it would have to actually exist, in order that you find it.

Of course, actually becoming a Christian instead of merely having a vague pre-Christ faith in God is better. Of course, God will be true to His nature and do whatever the just thing is. And it's not as if He owes us annoying little brats anything for being jerks to Him. Even if we didn't intend to be,
            Spin it however it makes you feel better, but the point remains the same, it is unjust to treat some better than others, and so your god, assuming for the sake of argument that he exists, is unjust.

Comment

You really don't get it. You don't really want to spend eternity in God's presence. You'd rather have your own way. Fine. Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                You really don't get it. You don't really want to spend eternity in God's presence. You'd rather have your own way. Fine. Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!
                No, I do get it, you don't, which is why rather than giving a logical, coherent answer to the dilemma I pose, the unjust treatment of his people by your god, you attack me personally.

Comment

Okay, so that's what I said, your notion of god is that of an unjust god, a god who offers mercy and salvation to some while basically ignoring billions of others who due to their very nature will go to hell. Now, I don't buy any of this nonsense of course, but you're fooling yourself to refer to that treatment as just, and to define your god as just.
                  well if you consider that "just" would be to let everyone go to hell, then I am thankful for his mercy.

Comment

No, I do get it, you don't, which is why rather than giving a logical, coherent answer to the dilemma I pose, the unjust treatment of his people by your god, you attack me personally.
                    You haven't posed any dilemmas and we have answered every question you have asked. In return you play stupid. Or maybe you really are. Either way, your have your answers if you just read them.

Comment

Pearls before swine?
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

well if you consider that "just" would be to let everyone go to hell, then I am thankful for his mercy.
                        Well, thats okay, so long as you admit that your god is an unjust god in that he gives an option to some and no option to some others.

Comment

Well, thats okay, so long as you admit that your god is an unjust god in that he gives an option to some and no option to some others.
                          The options are there for everyone. Even you Jimmy. Choose God, Jim. Be saved.

Comment

The options are there for everyone. Even you Jimmy. Choose God, Jim. Be saved.
                            No Sparko, the option was not there for billions who never even heard of your god. So, never having heard of Jesus, they didn't believe in Jesus, ergo they went to hell correct? Try to be clear about this.

Comment

We don't know. Only God knows for sure what will happen. And He knows if they would have even accepted it or not. Some people think that they might not have accepted it. Or if someone would have accepted if they heard the gospel but won't ever hear it, then God might take them as a product of infant mortality.

Comment

No Sparko, the option was not there for billions who never even heard of your god. So, never having heard of Jesus, they didn't believe in Jesus, ergo they went to hell correct? Try to be clear about this.
                                99 percent of everyone who ever lived has been born in the last 1000 years.

again read Romans. it explains what happens to those "who never even heard" -- they will be judged on their own conscience and sins. Justly.

I am sick of going in circles with you JimL. You are either just trolling at this point or you are a complete moron. Which might work in your favor on judgment day because those who can't understand right from wrong, like children and the mentally retarded will be saved too. So you might have a chance.

Comment