Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: Should God Appear To Me?

  1. #11
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,958
    Amen (Given)
    3102
    Amen (Received)
    17039
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Like I said, you have no choice but to make up excuses for the obviously nonsensical.

    Wrong. Apparently you need to study up a bit regarding your own religion. If we are all sinners, which, though our definitions of what sin is differs, we are, then if it were about sin we would all go to heaven, but we don't, so it's not about sin, it's about belief.
    If you were being sent to jail for committing a crime and there was this judge who would let you off if you asked him to, but you didn't believe in him, would you be going to jail because you didn't believe in the judge, or because you committed the crime?

    Believing in God and choosing him allows you a way out of paying for your sins. But since you don't believe in him, you will pay for your sins. That simple.

  2. #12
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,686
    Amen (Given)
    906
    Amen (Received)
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If you were being sent to jail for committing a crime and there was this judge who would let you off if you asked him to, but you didn't believe in him, would you be going to jail because you didn't believe in the judge, or because you committed the crime?

    Believing in God and choosing him allows you a way out of paying for your sins. But since you don't believe in him, you will pay for your sins. That simple.
    Believing in god, Believing in god! That's what it's about Sparko, stop being a dumbell. If for whatever reason one doesn't believe in the existence of this god, then that disbelief is why they are going to be punished. You don't ask a god that you don't believe exists to save you. That's one of your dumber arguments.

  3. #13
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,566
    Amen (Given)
    4852
    Amen (Received)
    1572
    The demons believe that God exists and shudder. A Christian has to be a theist, but not all theists will be save, since not all theists are Christians. If someone would give you everything you needed if you just gratefully accepted their gift, it isn't their fault if you reject it and go with unmet needs for eternity.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  5. #14
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,686
    Amen (Given)
    906
    Amen (Received)
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    The demons believe that God exists and shudder. A Christian has to be a theist, but not all theists will be save, since not all theists are Christians. If someone would give you everything you needed if you just gratefully accepted their gift, it isn't their fault if you reject it and go with unmet needs for eternity.
    Oh, is that what you've turned Hell into now, eternal life, but with unmet needs? Too funny! CBW, no one is giving you anything, it's an exchange, eternal life for belief. Belief is required, which of course is a dumb concept in itself because belief isn't something that one chooses willy nilly, or because they think it would be in their best interests to believe it, people either believe or they don't believe based on their assesment of the evidence.
    Now you are not right about everything, are you? Sometimes even you get things wrong. Because you're human, you sometimes believe the wrong things. Why do you do that? Why don't you just gratefully accept what is right all the time, instead of rejecting it? Get the point?

  6. #15
    tWebber TheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,597
    Amen (Given)
    1207
    Amen (Received)
    1306
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Why is that?
    In that book Orual wants to make a case against the gods, but when she meets them she finds she has been self serving and jealous refusing to show others her heart and face.

  7. Amen One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
  8. #16
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,958
    Amen (Given)
    3102
    Amen (Received)
    17039
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Believing in god, Believing in god! That's what it's about Sparko, stop being a dumbell. If for whatever reason one doesn't believe in the existence of this god, then that disbelief is why they are going to be punished. You don't ask a god that you don't believe exists to save you. That's one of your dumber arguments.
    The devil and the demons believe in God and they are not saved.

    James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

    So no, believing in God doesn't save you and not believing in him doesn't condemn you. Your sins condemn you. And your faith saves you.

  9. Amen Jedidiah, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
  10. #17
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,686
    Amen (Given)
    906
    Amen (Received)
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The devil and the demons believe in God and they are not saved.

    James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

    So no, believing in God doesn't save you and not believing in him doesn't condemn you. Your sins condemn you. And your faith saves you.
    I see, so your sins condemn you. That means you're going to hell then, right? What's that you say? No? You're not going to Hell because you believe in god?

  11. #18
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,958
    Amen (Given)
    3102
    Amen (Received)
    17039
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I see, so your sins condemn you. That means you're going to hell then, right? What's that you say? No? You're not going to Hell because you believe in god?
    I am not going to hell because I put my faith in Christ who paid for my sins. You are going to hell for your sins.

    basically I asked the Governor for a pardon so I was set free. You don't believe in the Governor so you stay in jail for the crimes you committed.

    Not believing in God just takes away your chance at salvation. Your damnation is due to your sins. You can't put your faith in something you don't believe in.

  12. #19
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,425
    Amen (Given)
    16089
    Amen (Received)
    3083
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Believing in god, Believing in god! That's what it's about Sparko, stop being a dumbell. If for whatever reason one doesn't believe in the existence of this god, then that disbelief is why they are going to be punished. You don't ask a god that you don't believe exists to save you. That's one of your dumber arguments.
    Belief is necessary, but insufficient for salvation.

    James 2:18-20 New International Version (NIV)
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

    Faith/loyalty to God is more important than mere intellectual assent to His existence.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.


  13. #20
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,686
    Amen (Given)
    906
    Amen (Received)
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Belief is necessary, but insufficient for salvation.

    James 2:18-20 New International Version (NIV)
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
    Before anything else you have to assent to his existence. In other words it's all about belief, and if you honestly don't believe in the invisible god, off to hell you go. Don't know why you guys can't admit to obvious facts!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •