Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Train Carrying GOP Lawmakers Slams Into Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Carrying GOP Lawmakers Slams Into Truck

Naturally, it's not JUST the GOP lawmakers about who I am concerned...

An Amtrak train carrying several members of Congress was involved in an accident with a large truck Wednesday just before noon eastern time.

According to The Atlantic’s Elaine Plott, the train was taking the congressmen from Union Station in Washington, D.C. to a Republican retreat in Greenbrier, West Virginia.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I blame Trump.

He gets blamed for everything else, why not this?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I know this is serious, but I can't help being reminded of one of those Lawyer Jokes.

Comment

Oh, and it's very tragic.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

One fatality.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Was looking for an update on this at Yahoo, which likes to have current news on its front page. It's got one well down the list called "Here are the pissiest faces from Trump's State of the Union" - but nothing I can see on this.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              One fatality.
              Yup. The truck driver

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yup. The truck driver
                Tough to argue with a train.......

Comment

Fox

CNN
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Naturally, it's not JUST the GOP lawmakers about who I am concerned...
                    Is there any truth to the rumor that Nancy Pelosi hired the truck driver?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Tough to argue with a train.......

Yep - even if the other vehicle is a garbage truck. Surprisingly, two passengers survived.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment