Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Names

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Screen Names

I think I made a thread about this a ways back, but what the heck...let's do it again. What significance does your screen name have?

Mine comes from a dark time in my early college years, when I was about to start playing a browser game called Travian. ( DON'T PLAY IT, DON'T LOOK IT UP, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. IT'S A TRAP.) I needed a name but couldn't think of anything, so out of desperation I pulled out a dictionary and started rifling through it from the beginning.

I was there for a while.

I got to the back, not having found much of anything, and came upon this cool word "zymology," meaning the study of fermentation. I claimed it as my own, and ten years later I haven't thought of anything better. At this point the only thing that would make me change was if there was a similarly obscure word meaning "the study of distillation," but I don't know of any. (Do you?)
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am mossrose.

Otherwise known as portulaca, a small, delicate flower that grows here as an annual. It was one of my Mom's favourite flowers and she had a large patch of them that reseeded themselves and grew every year at the house I grew up in. It comes in a multitude of colours, and the blossoms look like porcelain, they are so delicate.

I try to grow some every year.

Portulaca-grandiflora-Main.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen lao tzu amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am The wall.
    I like my name and it is a wall.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My screen name signifies my nickname. Also known as Sparky, Sparkles, Sparks, Spork, Sparkmiester, Sparkplug, and many others.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Needed an AOL username/email address. Was going through a short lived drum n' bass period at the time; had Goldie's Timeless album in front of me, turned it over, and saw the song "Adrift". Good enough. Been using it ever since. I've used a few other screen names from time to time on other forums...Richie Dagger (from a Germs song), and Soul Anchor are a couple, but I usually just stick with Adrift. I've met up with folks offline who insisted on just calling me Adrift in person, and I always think that's a little funny.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Needed an AOL username/email address. Was going through a short lived drum n' bass period at the time; had Goldie's Timeless album in front of me, turned it over, and saw the song "Adrift". Good enough. Been using it ever since. I've used a few other screen names from time to time on other forums...Richie Dagger (from a Germs song), and Soul Anchor are a couple, but I usually just stick with Adrift. I've met up with folks offline who insisted on just calling me Adrift in person, and I always think that's a little funny.
    When us twebbers met up at the tweb conventions and other times we pretty much called each other by our screen names. They became our nicknames IRL. Which for me is no different than the rest of my life since it is my nickname.

9. Amen Adrift, lao tzu, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Mine is from an original character a friend and I created. I originally used Cerebellum, but kind of got tired of my brother mocking me for it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    When us twebbers met up at the tweb conventions and other times we pretty much called each other by our screen names. They became our nicknames IRL. Which for me is no different than the rest of my life since it is my nickname.
    I wondered about that.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I choose my name because God loves me.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

13. Amen mossrose, Darth Executor, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Mine is from an original character a friend and I created. I originally used Cerebellum, but kind of got tired of my brother mocking me for it.
    I've mentioned this before, but whenever I see your username, I automatically think of the old Cerebus the Aardvark comics from the 80s.

15. Amen Cerebrum123, Teallaura amen'd this post.