Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 203

Thread: Trump lies and false news breaks all records

  1. #1
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,834
    Amen (Given)
    1257
    Amen (Received)
    871

    Trump lies and false news breaks all records

    Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview


    “There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #2
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,894
    Amen (Given)
    4556
    Amen (Received)
    4289


    These articles are hilarious because they list things like differences of opinion, or when the President rounds, say, a dollar figure as a lie. And it's amazing how Politifact will spin and spin until they feel like they can call a factually true statement a lie. It's why I say their slogan should be "Politifact: All politics, no facts."

    But since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html

    And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

    https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

    Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.

  3. #3
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,834
    Amen (Given)
    1257
    Amen (Received)
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post


    These articles are hilarious because they list things like differences of opinion, or when the President rounds, say, a dollar figure as a lie. And it's amazing how Politifact will spin and spin until they feel like they can call a factually true statement a lie. It's why I say their slogan should be "Politifact: All politics, no facts."

    But since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html
    This source reflects public opinion, and results reflect the political divide in the country, and not documented lies by Obama.

    And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

    https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

    Nothing here demonstrates lies. By far most does not represent accusations of lying. It is dominated by political objections and opinions against Obama.

    For example: How do you explain the specific and factual whooper lie about global warming.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  4. #4
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,625
    Amen (Given)
    114
    Amen (Received)
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    For example: How do you explain the specific and factual whooper lie about global warming.
    What are you upset about??? 'I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming.'?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

  5. #5
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,894
    Amen (Given)
    4556
    Amen (Received)
    4289
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    This source reflects public opinion, and results reflect the political divide in the country, and not documented lies by Obama.



    Nothing here demonstrates lies. By far most does not represent accusations of lying. It is dominated by political objections and opinions against Obama.

    For example: How do you explain the specific and factual whooper lie about global warming.
    Isn't it strange how you don't look at negative stories about Trump with the same critical eye?


  6. #6
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,834
    Amen (Given)
    1257
    Amen (Received)
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    What are you upset about??? 'I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming.'?
    No, the two terms are considered synonymous among scientists. That is not the big whooper lie in the quote, read again. . .

    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview



    “There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.

    © Copyright Original Source

    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  7. #7
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,834
    Amen (Given)
    1257
    Amen (Received)
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Isn't it strange how you don't look at negative stories about Trump with the same critical eye?

    My citations are very specific lies and not differences from political perspectives.

    By the way the list is going to grow and grow like Pinocchio's nose. More to cite in the future directly contradictory his fellow Republicans.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  8. #8
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,894
    Amen (Given)
    4556
    Amen (Received)
    4289
    If it wasn't for gullible rubes like frank-n-beans, the liberal media would be out of business.

  9. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,447
    Amen (Given)
    1144
    Amen (Received)
    1227
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview


    “There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
    Sometimes you have to wonder, is he lying, or could he just be that much of an ignoramus that like many of it's conservative viewers, he has no clue, and just regurgitates what he hears on Fox News.

  10. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,192
    Amen (Given)
    159
    Amen (Received)
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview


    “There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
    Source for the bolded, please? All you did was point to something you say is false and then point to other allegedly false statements. Even if you're correct that all are false, that's a long way from actually proving your claim. You can't just point to some false statements (one can do that for any president), you have to prove it's actually more than any previous president.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •