Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

© Copyright Original Source

For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
    Your first sentence appears to itself be a falsehood of the same kind polifact accuses Trump of making - an unverfiable claim with no source.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    There are some lies and exaggerations, as per most people including Obama and there are continuous, compulsive lies as per Trump. There is no comparison.

“After we published a list of President Trump’s lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but if you made a similar list for previous presidents, it would be just as bad. We’ve set out to make that list. Here, you will find our attempt at a comprehensive catalogue of the falsehoods that Barack Obama told while he was president”.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-is-worse.html
    They're seriously claiming that Obama only told 18-lies throughout his entire presidency?

You'd have to be an idiot to believe that.

Even the far-left Politifact has a catalog of over 60 of Obama's falsehoods, and that's far from being a comprehensive list. For that matter, Obama made at least 10 demonstrably false statements in his 2016 State of the Union address alone. Obama had such a troubled relationship with the truth that even the left-wing Washington Post coined the phrase "Obama's Blizzard of Lies", saying that "there is a culture of deceit in the Obama White House — a serial willingness to say things that are untrue to protect the president.". Then, of course, there is the list of over 1000 documented lies that I posted earlier and which you and your liberal comrades keep trying to dismiss with the wave of a hand.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    10. “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin America.” And a year of appeasement has not promoted democracy, either. The Castros remain firmly in power, and we are not helping the opposition. Worse, the Cuban regime continues to arrest thousands of political dissidents, to cozy up to enemies like Iran and North Korea, and to carry out provocative acts–such as stealing a U.S. Hellfire missile.
    How is that statement by Obama false?

Isolating Cuba didn't promote democracy, and worsened US-Cuban relationships. That appeasement didn't promote democracy either doesn't refute that.
    Starlight: "In America a lot of tap-water is contaminated with lead or chemicals from fracking, because the right-wing crazies are anti-regulation."
    Lilpixieoferror: "Another day another Starlight fable. What actually causes high lead levels in water is lead pipes or lead solder, not industrial waste from any source. Well, so much for this Starlight fable... I wonder what tomorrow’s made up story will be in his ‘I HATE AMERICAN CHRISTIANS!!!’ quest."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    10. “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin America.” And a year of appeasement has not promoted democracy, either. The Castros remain firmly in power, and we are not helping the opposition. Worse, the Cuban regime continues to arrest thousands of political dissidents, to cozy up to enemies like Iran and North Korea, and to carry out provocative acts–such as stealing a U.S. Hellfire missile.
    How is that statement by Obama false?

Isolating Cuba didn't promote democracy, and worsened US-Cuban relationships. That appeasement didn't promote democracy either doesn't refute that.
    Now let's see you defend Trump's supposed "lies" with the same critical eye and generous benefit of the doubt.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Your first sentence appears to itself be a falsehood of the same kind polifact accuses Trump of making - an unverfiable claim with no source.

[qite=https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enterparis-climate-deal-itv-interview]

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be
    global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.” [/cite]

The whooper is highlighted.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    whooper
    First time I thought it was typo. Now it's just hilarious.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    First time I thought it was typo. Now it's just hilarious.

Makes me think of the whooping cough! Who knows, maybe that's something they actually say in the sticks.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, the two terms are considered synonymous among scientists.
    Just picking a nit - but this is not exactly true. "Climate change" is the generic reference to, well, changes in the global climate. Warming is one particular kind of change. Cooling would be another, drying would be another. And so forth. Technically, Global Warming is a subset of Climate Change.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm thinkin' ya mean whoppers.

Thanks, now I'm hungry!

Attachment 26364
    How do you know he didn't mean whoopers?

ThinkstockPhotos-494095489-300x242.jpg
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "I'd like a double Whooper and a large Cook, please."

11. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.