Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

© Copyright Original Source

For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

These articles are hilarious because they list things like differences of opinion, or when the President rounds, say, a dollar figure as a lie. And it's amazing how Politifact will spin and spin until they feel like they can call a factually true statement a lie. It's why I say their slogan should be "Politifact: All politics, no facts."

But since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html

And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-04-2018, 08:50 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

These articles are hilarious because they list things like differences of opinion, or when the President rounds, say, a dollar figure as a lie. And it's amazing how Politifact will spin and spin until they feel like they can call a factually true statement a lie. It's why I say their slogan should be "Politifact: All politics, no facts."

But since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html
      This source reflects public opinion, and results reflect the political divide in the country, and not documented lies by Obama.

And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

Nothing here demonstrates lies. By far most does not represent accusations of lying. It is dominated by political objections and opinions against Obama.

For example: How do you explain the specific and factual whooper lie about global warming.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018, 10:42 AM.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        For example: How do you explain the specific and factual whooper lie about global warming.
        What are you upset about??? 'I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming.'?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

This source reflects public opinion, and results reflect the political divide in the country, and not documented lies by Obama.

Nothing here demonstrates lies. By far most does not represent accusations of lying. It is dominated by political objections and opinions against Obama.

Isn't it strange how you don't look at negative stories about Trump with the same critical eye?

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            What are you upset about??? 'I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming.'?
            No, the two terms are considered synonymous among scientists. That is not the big whooper lie in the quote, read again. . .

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018, 11:55 AM.

Frank

Comment

Isn't it strange how you don't look at negative stories about Trump with the same critical eye?

My citations are very specific lies and not differences from political perspectives.

By the way the list is going to grow and grow like Pinocchio's nose. More to cite in the future directly contradictory his fellow Republicans.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-04-2018, 11:58 AM.

Frank

Comment

If it wasn't for gullible rubes like frank-n-beans, the liberal media would be out of business.

Comment

Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
                  Sometimes you have to wonder, is he lying, or could he just be that much of an ignoramus that like many of it's conservative viewers, he has no clue, and just regurgitates what he hears on Fox News.

Comment

Source for the bolded, please? All you did was point to something you say is false and then point to other allegedly false statements. Even if you're correct that all are false, that's a long way from actually proving your claim. You can't just point to some false statements (one can do that for any president), you have to prove it's actually more than any previous president.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Sometimes you have to wonder, is he lying, or could he just be that much of an ignoramus that like many of it's conservative viewers, he has no clue, and just regurgitates what he hears on Fox News.
                      You're projecting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        Source for the bolded, please? All you did was point to something you say is false and then point to other allegedly false statements. Even if you're correct that all are false, that's a long way from actually proving your claim. You can't just point to some false statements (one can do that for any president), you have to prove it's actually more than any previous president.
                        Notice how quick he was to dismiss a similar claim about Obama.

Comment

I'm thinkin' ya mean whoppers.

Thanks, now I'm hungry!

Whopper_detail.jpg
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I used to like Whoppers until I realized they taste like crap.

Comment

I used to like Whoppers until I realized they taste like crap.
                              I have one about 3 or 4 times a year when they're on sale.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment