Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I've similarly objected on this forum to people saying "gays" or "the gays", when they mean gay people.

Language is weird though, I mean we say "males" or "Christians" or "Americans" (not male people or Christian people or American people) but we say "black people" and "gay people" (not blacks or gays). I guess ultimately it's mostly just a matter of being respectful of the language that the groups themselves use, and not alienating them by using terminology foreign to them or derogatory of them.
    i see blacks, even racist black power types, use "blacks" all the time on twitter. This is just more nonsensical language policing by leftist loons
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    you didn't seem to mind my use of whites. you're like one of those guys who thinks black people feel less pain, only in reverse
    Actually, I would have - had I noticed it.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Actually, I would have - had I noticed it.
    consider this isn't the only instance of confirmation bias in your general worldview
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    consider this isn't the only instance of confirmation bias in your general worldview
    Well you of all people would know about "confirmation bias" in their "general worldview".
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    More lies, dishonesty, fake news, and other foolishness:

Besides 'dropping bowling balls on American cars.' We have an odd dishonest. lies and false news, and possibly nonexistent meetings with Trudeau.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-trudeau-meeting-20180315-story.html

President Trump boasted in a fundraising speech Wednesday that he made up facts in a meeting with the leader of a top U.S ally, saying he insisted to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that the United States runs a trade deficit with its neighbor to the north without knowing whether or not that was the case.

"Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, 'No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,'" Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio obtained by the Washington Post. "Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in -- 'Donald we have no trade deficit.' He's very proud because everybody else, you know, we're getting killed....

"So he's proud. I said, 'Wrong Justin, you do.' I didn't even know.... I had no idea. I just said, 'You're wrong.' You know why? Because we're so stupid…. And I thought they were smart. I said, 'You're wrong Justin.' He said, 'Nope we have no trade deficit.' I said, 'Well in that case I feel differently,' I said, 'but I don't believe it.' I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said 'Check because I can't believe it.'

"'Well, sir, you're actually right. We have no deficit but that doesn't include energy and timber…. And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.' It's incredible."

The United States trade representative office says the United States has a trade surplus with Canada.

© Copyright Original Source

LAter there is a claim that the trade deficit was for only goods, but that is not how trade balances are calculated,
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    More lies, dishonesty, fake news, and other foolishness:

Besides 'dropping bowling balls on American cars.' We have an odd dishonest. lies and false news, and possibly nonexistent meetings with Trudeau.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-trudeau-meeting-20180315-story.html

President Trump boasted in a fundraising speech Wednesday that he made up facts in a meeting with the leader of a top U.S ally, saying he insisted to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that the United States runs a trade deficit with its neighbor to the north without knowing whether or not that was the case.

"Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, 'No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,'" Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio obtained by the Washington Post. "Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in -- 'Donald we have no trade deficit.' He's very proud because everybody else, you know, we're getting killed....

"So he's proud. I said, 'Wrong Justin, you do.' I didn't even know.... I had no idea. I just said, 'You're wrong.' You know why? Because we're so stupid…. And I thought they were smart. I said, 'You're wrong Justin.' He said, 'Nope we have no trade deficit.' I said, 'Well in that case I feel differently,' I said, 'but I don't believe it.' I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said 'Check because I can't believe it.'

"'Well, sir, you're actually right. We have no deficit but that doesn't include energy and timber…. And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.' It's incredible."

The United States trade representative office says the United States has a trade surplus with Canada.

© Copyright Original Source

LAter there is a claim that the trade deficit was for only goods, but that is not how trade balances are calculated,
    Wikipedia, specially for you

The balance of trade, commercial balance, or net exports (sometimes symbolized as NX), is the difference between the monetary value of a nation's exports and imports over a certain period.[1] Sometimes a distinction is made between a balance of trade for goods versus one for services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_trade
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Im sure I am no more immune to the effect than anyone else.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Later there is a claim that the trade deficit was for only goods, but that is not how trade balances are calculated,
    This is a fairly regular dynamic of the "new reality." Language is subject to interpretation, and very malleable. Trump is a mastet at making a statement, and then finding a way to walk it back partially by giving it a nuanced interpretation and claiming that's what he meant all along. He's a master at it.

Unfortunately, that means he is setting an example that is likely to live long in our social and political system.

America once was great. Now we're just Trumpish. Sad....

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    This is a fairly regular dynamic of the "new reality." Language is subject to interpretation, and very malleable. Trump is a mastet at making a statement, and then finding a way to walk it back partially by giving it a nuanced interpretation and claiming that's what he meant all along. He's a master at it.

Unfortunately, that means he is setting an example that is likely to live long in our social and political system.

America once was great. Now we're just Trumpish. Sad....
    What is definition of 'is'???

Oh right, libs only cry when Trump uses postmodernism against postmodern libs. Sad!
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    What is definition of 'is'???

Oh right, libs only cry when Trump uses postmodernism against postmodern libs. Sad!
    Well - you DID manage a post without a "libtard," - so I guess we can be thankful for that, at least...

-Martin Luther King