Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I've similarly objected on this forum to people saying "gays" or "the gays", when they mean gay people.

Language is weird though, I mean we say "males" or "Christians" or "Americans" (not male people or Christian people or American people) but we say "black people" and "gay people" (not blacks or gays). I guess ultimately it's mostly just a matter of being respectful of the language that the groups themselves use, and not alienating them by using terminology foreign to them or derogatory of them.
    i see blacks, even racist black power types, use "blacks" all the time on twitter. This is just more nonsensical language policing by leftist loons
    "But Lord, in your name did we not vote Democrat, and in your name did we not attend many Bernie rallies?" ~ Zymologist

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    you didn't seem to mind my use of whites. you're like one of those guys who thinks black people feel less pain, only in reverse
    Actually, I would have - had I noticed it.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Actually, I would have - had I noticed it.
    consider this isn't the only instance of confirmation bias in your general worldview
    "But Lord, in your name did we not vote Democrat, and in your name did we not attend many Bernie rallies?" ~ Zymologist

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    consider this isn't the only instance of confirmation bias in your general worldview
    Well you of all people would know about "confirmation bias" in their "general worldview".
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.