Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do tell.
    You're a smart man - you can figure it out...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It appears the Dem biggies think they're not being progressive enough.... they want to drive even further left.
    And the right drives further right. Been happening that way for quite a while now.

It's not at all unusual for the party in power to lose seats in an off-year election. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Actually - it's the norm. The question is - just how many seats. You know what I think would be fun? I think it would be fun if Trump's superlatives finally came home to roost. He can claim he's lost more seats than any previous president in a midterm election - ever! THAT would be a hoot...

EGGzackly -- kinda like everybody took Trump literally instead of seriously.
    I honestly do not know what I will do if he wins again...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      You're a smart man - you can figure it out...
      That's JimL-level crap - how bout just saying what you mean?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You will complain bitterly on Tweb, which doesn't accomplish a !@$!^!^ thing!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Continue to enjoy the peace, prosperity, and strength that he has brought back to our great country while continuing to demean his character with petty insults?

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You will complain bitterly on Tweb, which doesn't accomplish a !@$!^!^ thing!
            Actually - while I DO write here, I am more engaged/involved than you think.

But if despite all of the effort by moderates and those on the left to get him out of that office, he is still able to regain that office in 2020, renouncing my citizenship is most definitely on the list of possibilities. If our country has fallen so low that we cannot find another human being to occupy that office but Mr. Trump - it is not clear to me I want to be part of this country anymore. Until then, however, I'll continue to fight the good fight, and see what 2020 brings. I am hoping we will find a candidate that will hand Mr. Trump one of the greatest defeats ever suffered by a president. A Reagan/Carter scale defeat. Hopefully, that will undo at least SOME of the messaging that Trump's election put forward.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Continue to enjoy the peace, prosperity, and strength that he has brought back to our great country while continuing to demean his character with petty insults?

The sun will continue to rise in the morning and set in the evening, I will continue to love and enjoy my grandkids more than I loved and enjoyed my own kids (), I will look forward to the pool water warming enough to start the swim season.... life goes on!

Comment

• Back to the subject of the thread concerning tRump's lies, fake news, confusion, and inconsistencies.

I forgot to add that tRump previously signed a paper summarizing the economic trade balances by country. The trade balances included services in the totals and indicated we had a trade surplus with Canada. I guess he did not remember, or . . . was totally clueless as to what he signs.

I guess Breitfart and Fox News did not provide this meaningful info.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Actually - while I DO write here, I am more engaged/involved than you think.
                  mayhaps

But if despite all of the effort by moderates and those on the left to get him out of that office, he is still able to regain that office in 2020, renouncing my citizenship is most definitely on the list of possibilities.
                  I never pegged you as "one of them". Are you also going to promise to move to Canada, then stay here and complain?

If our country has fallen so low that we cannot find another human being to occupy that office but Mr. Trump - it is not clear to me I want to be part of this country anymore. Until then, however, I'll continue to fight the good fight, and see what 2020 brings. I am hoping we will find a candidate that will hand Mr. Trump one of the greatest defeats ever suffered by a president. A Reagan/Carter scale defeat. Hopefully, that will undo at least SOME of the messaging that Trump's election put forward.
                  Sorry, and with all due respect (which usually means none is about to be shown ) I think that's just plain nutty. Things on the LOCAL level don't change all that much - life goes on. I endured a hundred and twenty years of Barak Obama - you can endure 4 more years of Trump (if he makes it that far).

Comment

• And now a word from the juvenile department...

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Back to the subject of the thread concerning tRump's lies....

Comment

And now a word from the juvenile department...
                      Well it is his thread...

Comment

mayhaps

I never pegged you as "one of them". Are you also going to promise to move to Canada, then stay here and complain?
                        No. I looked into that in 2016. I was on an extended road trip that took me through Canada and the subject came up more than once with the citizens of that country. But the process of going from U.S. to Canadian citizen is not trivial, and my wife is not that enamored of the climate. We've actually been looking at Australia. It's beautiful, and one of my best friends is from Australia and has a green card that I helped him secure. He and his wife are heading back when he retires, and we've been talking about dooing what he did in reverse. We'd be settling somewhere around Melbourne if we pull the trigger on it. Although we could simply attempt to get the Australian equivalent of a green card, I would prefer not to be beholden to two tax systems, so we would probably renounce U.S. citizenship.

Sorry, and with all due respect (which usually means none is about to be shown ) I think that's just plain nutty. Things on the LOCAL level don't change all that much - life goes on. I endured a hundred and twenty years of Barak Obama - you can endure 4 more years of Trump (if he makes it that far).
                        It's not really about Trump. He's the object - not the subject. The subject is the country at large. I realize that the right hate(d/s) Hillary and hate(d/s) Obama, but we're not even in the same ballpark, IMO. The list of ways in which Trump is simply a vile human being don't even begin to touch "politics." If he wins again, despite all of the efforts made, it will send a very clear message that this is a country that predominantly values bullying above discourse, humiliation above conversation, lying above telling the truth, and the list goes on. Trump embodies pretty much all of the worst attributes of the stereotypical "American Citizen:" vulgar, dishonest, coarse, lacking in manners and gentility, a braggart, self-center, the list goes on. I really don't give a darn about his politics. We have two parties - sometimes one wins and sometimes the other does. So policies shift and that's the political process. Nothing done on a policy front is permanent and cannot be undone.

But if our entire country is so shallow that a media star who is a thug, a bully, a racist, and a liar can capture the votes of this country not just once, but TWICE? Then I really would like to find another country. America will have denigrated too far for me to want to stay. If he is out - it doesn't really matter WHO replaces him to me - Republican or Democrat. I cannot imagine anyone else being worse - except possibly David Duke.
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-20-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

No. I looked into that in 2016. I was on an extended road trip that took me through Canada and the subject came up more than once with the citizens of that country. But the process of going from U.S. to Canadian citizen is not trivial, and my wife is not that enamored of the climate. We've actually been looking at Australia. It's beautiful, and one of my best friends is from Australia and has a green card that I helped him secure. He and his wife are heading back when he retires, and we've been talking about dooing what he did in reverse. We'd be settling somewhere around Melbourne if we pull the trigger on it. Although we could simply attempt to get the Australian equivalent of a green card, I would prefer not to be beholden to two tax systems, so we would probably renounce U.S. citizenship.

It's not really about Trump. He's the object - not the subject. The subject is the country at large. I realize that the right hate(d/s) Hillary and hate(d/s) Obama, but we're not even in the same ballpark, IMO. The list of ways in which Trump is simply a vile human being don't even begin to touch "politics." If he wins again, despite all of the efforts made, it will send a very clear message that this is a country that predominantly values bullying above discourse, humiliation above conversation, lying above telling the truth, and the list goes on. Trump embodies pretty much all of the worst attributes of the stereotypical "American Citizen:" vulgar, dishonest, coarse, lacking in manners and gentility, a braggart, self-center, the list goes on. I really don't give a darn about his politics. We have two parties - sometimes one wins and sometimes the other does. So policies shift and that's the political process. Nothing done on a policy front is permanent and cannot be undone.

But if our entire country is so shallow that a media star who is a thug, a bully, a racist, and a liar can capture the votes of this country not just once, but TWICE? Then I really would like to find another country. America will have denigrated too far for me to want to stay. If he is out - it doesn't really matter WHO replaces him to me - Republican or Democrat. I cannot imagine anyone else being worse - except possibly David Duke.
                          Is your life around you not rich? Do you not enjoy your friends and neighbors? Do you have to focus on "the entire country" rather than the part in which you live and function?

Comment

the saddest part is that the Democrats are trying to do the very same thing and talk Oprah into running. It really is sad that the office of POTUS has become a popularity contest. I guess that is the price we pay for living in the Social Media world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              the saddest part is that the Democrats are trying to do the very same thing and talk Oprah into running. It really is sad that the office of POTUS has become a popularity contest. I guess that is the price we pay for living in the Social Media world.
                              Which democrats would those be?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Which democrats would those be?
                                You really need to get out of mommy's basement occasionally....

Talk of Oprah running for president captivates Democrats

From Hollywood to Iowa, a sudden wave of enthusiasm for Oprah Winfrey as a potential presidential candidate swept through the Democratic Party on Monday, beginning as a social-media sensation after her rousing remarks at Sunday night’s Golden Globes ceremony and escalating nationally as party officials and activists earnestly considered the possibility.

The calls for Winfrey, a cultural icon and friend of former president Barack Obama’s, to look hard at entering the 2020 race against President Trump revealed a longing among Democrats for a global celebrity of their own who could emerge as their standard-bearer and his foil.

The clamor also exposed how the crowded class of Democrats mulling over bids for the White House so far lacks a front-runner or someone who could easily unite the party’s key coalitions of women, minorities and working-class voters.

“Lord, we need passion and excitement,” said state Rep. Gilda Cobb-Hunter, a prominent Demo*crat in South Carolina, one of the early-voting states in the race for the nomination. “I know it’s conjecture right now, but I’d ask her to give it serious consideration. If anybody could bring us together, it’s her.”

Comment