Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrat Rebutal to Nunes Memo

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Meh

The Bible contains many truths which are, indeed, simple.
    Spoilsport
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Spoilsport
    It's my job, it's what I do.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's my job, it's what I do.

Consider the bromance terminated...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK, I cannot resist this...

So E=MC2 is truth...

And the bible is lies...

(errr... that's a joke. It just happens to follow from your logic)
    The bible is not really that complex. It contains the story of God and of mankind from creation till the judgment. Pretty short for such a topic.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The bible is not really that complex. It contains the story of God and of mankind from creation till the judgment. Pretty short for such a topic.
    But it's LONG...so it must be false. You said so! And E=MC2 is short - so it must be true!

P.S. I'm just yanking your chain. I know you are not that simplistic.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But it's LONG...so it must be false. You said so! And E=MC2 is short - so it must be true!

P.S. I'm just yanking your chain. I know you are not that simplistic.

Ever watch COPS or LivePD? When they question someone and they start telling a crazy convoluted story that makes no sense? Someone telling the truth will just state the facts (most of the time) and the story will be pretty easy to follow. That's what I was getting at.
    Last edited by Sparko; 02-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ever watch COPS or LivePD? When they question someone and they start telling a crazy convoluted story that makes no sense? Someone telling the truth will just state the facts (most of the time) and the story will be pretty easy to follow. That's what I was getting at.
    But to generalize the idea is a logical fallacy, IMO. We see this dynamic at work in many places: the gun control debate, climate science, religious discussions, etc. Sometimes, a lie is very simple, and it requires significant work/evidence to refute it.

-Martin Luther King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

On the other hand, ya gotta watch those with a very clear concise story -- one that seems "practiced".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But to generalize the idea is a logical fallacy, IMO. We see this dynamic at work in many places: the gun control debate, climate science, religious discussions, etc. Sometimes, a lie is very simple, and it requires significant work/evidence to refute it.
    A lie, repeated enough times, becomes "true".

And the BEST lies contain a vast majority of truth!

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A lie, repeated enough times, becomes "true".
    Yeah - a technique Mr. Trump is VERY familiar with.

And the BEST lies contain a vast majority of truth!
    That is about convincing, and also a technique Mr. Trump knows quite well.

Indeed, he brags about his effective use of it in "The Art of the Deal." I don't think the man is a liar simply because he does so with regularity. I think the man is a liar because he labels himself that way and considers it "acceptable."

-Martin Luther King