Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are There Any Men Left In Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Any Men Left In Canada?

Justin Trudeau interrupts woman to tell her to use 'peoplekind' instead of 'mankind' because 'it's more inclusive'

The Canadian PM made the comment during a town hall at MacEwan University
    A woman asked him about ability of religious organizations to volunteer freely
    Trudeau interrupted to say 'peoplekind' is a more inclusive term than 'mankind'
    His interjection was well-received by the audience, but sparked a wave of criticism on social media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eoplekind.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

All hupeoplety groans.

Comment

I would prefer the term "sentient meat unit," but to each xyr own.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I would prefer the term "sentient meat unit," but to each xyr own.
        Meatist!!!

Comment

Canadian Men:

red green.jpg
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            Canadian Men:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26388[/ATTACH]
            "But we can change. If we have to. I guess.".

Trudeau is an idiot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"Trudeau interrupted to say 'peoplekind' is a more inclusive term than 'mankind'..."

If I was ever in that situation, I would repeat myself and emphasize the term "mankind" before continuing with my point.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                "Trudeau interrupted to say 'peoplekind' is a more inclusive term than 'mankind'..."

If I was ever in that situation, I would repeat myself and emphasize the term "mankind" before continuing with my point.
                I'd be sorely tempted to respond to him: "Thank you, Mr. Trudeau; Mankind appreciates your input."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'd likely sneer and say something along the lines of "did you really think it necessary to interrupt me solely to interject that nonsense"? Or if she wanted to out "PC" him the woman could have glared at him icily and snarled "I don't need your 'mansplain' thank you very much."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I'd likely sneer and say something along the lines of "did you really think it necessary to interrupt me solely to interject that nonsense"? Or if she wanted to out "PC" him the woman could have glared at him icily and snarled "I don't need your 'mansplain' thank you very much."
                    "Thank you, Mr. Trudeau, for that most excellent mansplanation."

whoa.jpg

Comment

Coming soon to Trudeau's Canuckistan...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As a grouch I am upset at the implied slight against all mean grumps when he used when they both said "____kind"

Comment

This is the first time I've ever heard the word "peoplekind" even be used. Wouldn't it have made more sense to suggest humankind? It solves the problem without sounding like a word Ralph Wiggum came up with.

me-fail-english-thats-unpossible.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            This is the first time I've ever heard the word "peoplekind" even be used. Wouldn't it have made more sense to suggest humankind? It solves the problem without sounding like a word Ralph Wiggum came up with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26399[/ATTACH]
                            "Humankind" still has the word "man" in it, which is unacceptable. Both words also have "kind" following "man" which implies that only men are kind.

What it comes down to is that both words are incredibly evil and nobody but misogynistic dirt bags would ever use them.

EDITED TO ADD: I just realized that the word "them" spelled backwards is "meht," which looks and sounds somewhat like "men." My use of this hateful word has likely resulted in the fatal triggering of at a least a few readers, which makes me a murderer.

I shall turn myself into the police immediately.

Farewell TWeb.
                            Last edited by CMD; 02-06-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                              "Humankind" still has the word "man" in it, which is unacceptable. Both words also have "kind" following "man" which implies that only men are kind.

What it comes down to is that both words are incredibly evil and nobody but misogynistic dirt bags would ever use them.

EDITED TO ADD: I just realized that the word "them" spelled backwards is "meht," which looks and sounds somewhat like "men." My use of this hateful word has likely resulted in the fatal triggering of at a least a few readers, which makes me a murderer.

I shall turn myself into the police immediately.

Farewell TWeb.
                              They might let you still post from the prison library

Comment