This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Jesus saying in John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" does not make Jesus God as Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17:21 about the disciples "that they also may be in us".

In refuting the Jews stoning him as he said "I and the Father are one", Jesus said "34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them “gods” to whom the word of God came —and Scripture cannot be set aside — 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am GodÂ’s SonÂ’?"
    Certainly Jesus prayed to the Father. And that proves He is not a Divine Person, because……why, exactly ?

Or is that question turning this exchange into a debate, perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
      Certainly Jesus prayed to the Father. And that proves He is not a Divine Person, because……why, exactly ?

Or is that question turning this exchange into a debate, perhaps ?
      What distiguishes the three? Are they of the same mind, or should I say do they have three separate minds?

Comment

Jesus saying "i and the Father are one" does not make Jesus God because Jesus prayed to the Fathers for the disciples in John 17:21 & 23 that "May they also be in us" and " I in them and you in me"

Comment

Moderated By: OBP

This thread was an offer for debate, and is not to be used for actual debate. Closing.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X