X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Trinity Biblical? Debate Offer

Hi all

Please nominate.

You do understand that the term "Trinity" is the name of that interpretation, do you not? It is not Tritheism, Arianism, Modalism or Unitarianism. Which are also interpretations of God. Unless you can show first that you understand these differences, there is no point in debating the concept of the Trinity.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I am a Bible student and do understand it. If you desire, please come forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
        I am a Bible student and do understand it.
        Without debating or justifying the merits of each, could you please give a brief description of each of these views: Trinity, Tritheism, Modalism, Arianism. Thanks. If you can show that you understand the claims of those 4 views, I would be willing to defend the Trinity explanation.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I am a Bible student ...

Preschool-Building.jpg
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Without debating or justifying the merits of each, could you please give a brief description of each of these views: Trinity, Tritheism, Modalism, Arianism. Thanks. If you can show that you understand the claims of those 4 views, I would be willing to defend the Trinity explanation.
            Sorry go learn then I may consider to debate you.

Comment

Hi all

Please nominate.
              I'd say the following adequately sums up my response to your "challenge".

Comment

I am a Bible student and do understand it. If you desire, please come forward.
                The first thing I ask Muslims who deny the concept of the Trinity is to ask them why their understanding of the concept of the Trinity is.

What is your definition of the concept of the Trinity?

That is the only way for this topic to move forward.

Comment

Why would this debate be any different than your last Hakeem? You utterly failed in that debate yet would not admit it and kept trying to argue it in the comment thread (you still are!)

Comment

The Biblical basis of the concept of the Trinity can be found here:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm...ty/trinity.cfm

and here:

https://www.monergism.com/topics/trinity

and here:

https://www.monergism.com/topics/tri...idence-trinity

Comment

The answer to Christian3 "What is your definition of the concept of the Trinity?" is according to Christian faith Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Comment

The answer to Christian3 "What is your definition of the concept of the Trinity?" is according to Christian faith Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
                        And that contradicts the Bible how?
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                          And that contradicts the Bible how?
                          For example, Jesus specifically called the Father "the only true God" in John 17:3.

Comment

For example, Jesus specifically called the Father "the only true God" in John 17:3.
                            But Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) So where's the contradiction?
                            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              But Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) So where's the contradiction?
                              Jesus saying in John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" does not make Jesus God as Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17:21 about the disciples "that they also may be in us".

In refuting the Jews stoning him as he said "I and the Father are one", Jesus said "34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?"

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X