Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Something terrible is going on with ATMs.

I had to stop and get $200 for a project we're working on, and the machine spit out ten $20 bills.

They were NOT all dispensed the same way, front side up, with Jackson's head in the same direction.

First, they CHANGE the $20 and offset Jackson's head, now they dispense $20 haphazardly just to mess with me?!

What is this world coming to?

ETA: I think this started happening when Trump was elected!!!!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    we just thought it would be fun to mix things up a little bit

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're in on it, too, eh?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to work in a bank, and it makes me crazy to get handed cash, from anybody, but especially from the bank, that the bills are all cocky-wompus!

That was not allowed back then! All the bills in my wallet to this day are in order from smallest to largest and all facing the same direction.

Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand. Then you either have to stand there and count it, while the customers behind you get impatient, or walk away with it and then if it's wrong you've got to prove that you didn't mess with it after you walked away.

Or shove it in your wallet and not bother.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They were NOT all dispensed the same way, front side up, with Jackson's head in the same direction.
    Never happens to me. If I were you, I'd just assume God hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand.
    Do you ever have a cashier try to give you change ... on top of the bills? I like to amuse myself by just dumping the change back onto the counter and watch as they scramble to pick it up.
    There is no lao tzu

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post

Do you ever have a cashier try to give you change ... on top of the bills? I like to amuse myself by just dumping the change back onto the counter and watch as they scramble to pick it up.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I haven't tried dropping it on the counter, will have to!

It's sure dumbing down cashiers. I don't think the younger ones could properly count change back if their lives depended on it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Something terrible is going on with ATMs.

I had to stop and get $200 for a project we're working on, and the machine spit out ten $20 bills.

First, they CHANGE the $20 and offset Jackson's head, now they dispense $20 haphazardly just to mess with me?!

What is this world coming to?

ETA: I think this started happening when Trump was elected!!!!
    Trump fondles each and every bill, whispering cooing sounds to them as he does so.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. I haven't tried dropping it on the counter, will have to!
    Smile as you spill the coins, and neatly put the bills into your wallet. "Sorry, left my third hand at home this morning."

It's sure dumbing down cashiers. I don't think the younger ones could properly count change back if their lives depended on it.
    They could if they were trained.
    There is no lao tzu

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tzu-py
    They could if they were trained.
    True. But they aren't being trained. The cash register does it for them so they don't have to think.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to work in a bank, and it makes me crazy to get handed cash, from anybody, but especially from the bank, that the bills are all cocky-wompus!

That was not allowed back then! All the bills in my wallet to this day are in order from smallest to largest and all facing the same direction.

Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand. Then you either have to stand there and count it, while the customers behind you get impatient, or walk away with it and then if it's wrong you've got to prove that you didn't mess with it after you walked away.

Or shove it in your wallet and not bother.

Yeah!!!!!!

12. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.