Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Have you all heard about the money system transitioning to hexadecimal to make it more compatible with computers?
    No, I haven't. But I can't see the concept of $16 and $32 bills being the sort of thing that would easily roll off the tongue.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Never happens to me. If I were you, I'd just assume God hates me.

Do you ever have a cashier try to give you change ... on top of the bills? I like to amuse myself by just dumping the change back onto the counter and watch as they scramble to pick it up.
    At my usual supermarket, the cashier doesn't even handle the change - it gets spit out by machine into a little dish.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    At my usual supermarket, the cashier doesn't even handle the change - it gets spit out by machine into a little dish.
    Who the heck even pays with cash? I have $20 in my wallet that has been there for at least 2 months. I pay everything using my debit card.

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    No, I haven't. But I can't see the concept of $16 and $32 bills being the sort of thing that would easily roll off the tongue.
    ah. the $16 hex would be a $22 decimal dollars and $32 hex would be equivalent to $50 decimal dollars.

Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    When I was a kid, all the buzz was about "converting to the metric system". Supposedly, this was imminent, and would require me to totally change my thinking before high school. Having worked in construction, using both systems, I wish we had made the conversion way back then! Metric math is so much easier.
    Metric is about way more than base 10. One gallon of water? I dunno, 8 pounds? Wait, is that lbm or lbf, and how does that translate into slugs? Give me a couple minutes and I'll tell you. And horsepower? Really?

One liter of water? One kg of mass. One Newton of weight? Give me one watt and I'll lift it one meter in one second.
    There is no lao tzu

7. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Who the heck even pays with cash? I have $20 in my wallet that has been there for at least 2 months. I pay everything using my debit card.
    Two words: Rewards cards. And two more, times two: Automatic payments, full balance.
    There is no lao tzu

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Two words: Rewards cards. And two more, times two: Automatic payments, full balance.
    as far as my monthly bills go (utilities, phone), I do pay them automatically each month with a rewards credit card, which I then pay in full each month with my checking acct. Using quicken and Electronic Transfers.

I don't use cash much at all any more except for vending machines and even those are starting to take debit cards.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I have seen that, but only the coins. They still have to hand out the paper where I have seen it.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    as far as my monthly bills go (utilities, phone), I do pay them automatically each month with a rewards credit card, which I then pay in full each month with my checking acct. Using quicken and Electronic Transfers.

I don't use cash much at all any more except for vending machines and even those are starting to take debit cards.
    We pay most with Credit Card and pay it off each month. We get air miles that way.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

12. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I have seen that, but only the coins. They still have to hand out the paper where I have seen it.
    The self-checkouts at Walmart here spit out the coins and the bills come out of a slot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.