Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You know how you can print out your own stamps now?

They should just let you print out your own money.

2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    You know how you can print out your own stamps now?

They should just let you print out your own money.
    oh wait. They do. it's called checks. I haven't used a check in ages.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    We pay most with Credit Card and pay it off each month. We get air miles that way.
    Most -> All

(including vending machines)

My rewards cards give a minimum of 2% cash back (CitiDouble), or rotating 5% categories (Discover, Chase Freedom). BankAmericard gives 3% on gas, always. Amazon card gives 5% on all Amazon purchases, but no one else takes it.

41st Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I use checks mostly for church. This past summer I nearly burned up my checks writing out for the restoration done to my house after the flood. I had savings and just deposited the insurance money into it as I came, plus I had stuff not covered by the claim that had to be done. Like a broken water main and non code outlets and a new front door. This way all that was documented.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Most -> All

(including vending machines)

My rewards cards give a minimum of 2% cash back (CitiDouble), or rotating 5% categories (Discover, Chase Freedom). BankAmericard gives 3% on gas, always. Amazon card gives 5% on all Amazon purchases, but no one else takes it.
    My Amazon Rewards Card is a VISA card issued by Chase. I get 5% for Amazon purchases and 2% on restaurants, gas stations and drugstores and 1% on everything else.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    My Amazon Rewards Card is a VISA card issued by Chase. I get 5% for Amazon purchases and 2% on restaurants, gas stations and drugstores and 1% on everything else.
    I think you accidentally left out the word "Prime" in Amazon Prime Visa. I've got the same card, same benefits. There's another card with reduced perks, but you don't have to be a Prime member for it. And there may also be another Amazon-only card that lao tzu was referring to, I think I've see that before as well.

Public Service Announcement Time: After all the crap I've seen professionally with regard to card fraud, hackers intercepting card numbers online (happened to me a few months ago) and identity theft, I don't use my debit card for anything other than cash withdrawals. It's easier to have my credit card company reverse charges or halt pending transactions than disputing an unauthorized charge on my debit card and then waiting several business days for the stolen funds to be placed back into my account.

I also do anything I can to keep my actual bank account numbers from being public, which is why I severely limit what I use checks for (haven't figured out a convenient way to limit it entirely).
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    I think you accidentally left out the word "Prime" in Amazon Prime Visa. I've got the same card, same benefits. There's another card with reduced perks, but you don't have to be a Prime member for it. And there may also be another Amazon-only card that lao tzu was referring to, I think I've see that before as well.

Public Service Announcement Time: After all the crap I've seen professionally with regard to card fraud, hackers intercepting card numbers online (happened to me a few months ago) and identity theft, I don't use my debit card for anything other than cash withdrawals. It's easier to have my credit card company reverse charges or halt pending transactions than disputing an unauthorized charge on my debit card and then waiting several business days for the stolen funds to be placed back into my account.

I also do anything I can to keep my actual bank account numbers from being public, which is why I severely limit what I use checks for (haven't figured out a convenient way to limit it entirely).
    I was impressed that while we were in Canada, all restaurant credit card transactions take place at your table - the card never leaves your possession. I think that outta be the way it's done!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was impressed that while we were in Canada, all restaurant credit card transactions take place at your table - the card never leaves your possession. I think that outta be the way it's done!
    I make a point of taking my bill up to the register to pay it. In the few places that don't have them and the waiter/waitress takes your bill and payment to a station to take care of it I started accompanying them or pay cash.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I make a point of taking my bill up to the register to pay it. In the few places that don't have them and the waiter/waitress takes your bill and payment to a station to take care of it I started accompanying them or pay cash.
    Yeah, unless the pay station is within clear sight of the table where I'm seated... I've actually noticed a couple of our restaurants have the credit card machine within clear view of the dining room, and the employees appear to be trained to hold your card in such a way that you can clearly see that it never goes out of sight.

Several of the restaurants like Chili's and Applebee's have the little pay gadget on your table, where you can run your own card.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, unless the pay station is within clear sight of the table where I'm seated... I've actually noticed a couple of our restaurants have the credit card machine within clear view of the dining room, and the employees appear to be trained to hold your card in such a way that you can clearly see that it never goes out of sight.

Several of the restaurants like Chili's and Applebee's have the little pay gadget on your table, where you can run your own card.
    Saw one of those at Olive Garden a few months ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)