Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ATMs are EVIL!!!!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I do prefer to keep my credit cards in my hand, because it eliminates the chance of the lone server using a skimmer. But I'm also wary of skimmers put onto the machine itself, or issues like the Kmart hack (I think it was them, at least) where they had malware infecting credit card machines at thousands of locations. It's...difficult to keep from being victimized these days. I had my credit card information stolen because I used it online during the wrong 2-day window, during which hackers had access to a large corporation's systems. Or course, I also use a credit card rather than a debit card for purchases because I like free rewards.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    But I'm also wary of skimmers put onto the machine itself, or issues like the Kmart hack (I think it was them, at least) where they had malware infecting credit card machines at thousands of locations.
    I always seem to read about them being attached to gas pumps. At the same time, I'm either too lazy or too apathetic to actually go in and prepay every time to avoid this possibility.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I always seem to read about them being attached to gas pumps. At the same time, I'm either too lazy or too apathetic to actually go in and prepay every time to avoid this possibility.
    There's merit to using the same gas stations when possible -- you get to know the "look and feel" of the credit card slot. I particularly enjoy the older gas stations with antiquated equipment where any "new" attachment would stand out like a sore thumb.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

4. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.