ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATMs are EVIL!!!!

Something terrible is going on with ATMs.

I had to stop and get $200 for a project we're working on, and the machine spit out ten $20 bills.

They were NOT all dispensed the same way, front side up, with Jackson's head in the same direction.

First, they CHANGE the $20 and offset Jackson's head, now they dispense $20 haphazardly just to mess with me?!

What is this world coming to?

ETA: I think this started happening when Trump was elected!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

we just thought it would be fun to mix things up a little bit

Comment

You're in on it, too, eh?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I used to work in a bank, and it makes me crazy to get handed cash, from anybody, but especially from the bank, that the bills are all cocky-wompus!

That was not allowed back then! All the bills in my wallet to this day are in order from smallest to largest and all facing the same direction.

Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand. Then you either have to stand there and count it, while the customers behind you get impatient, or walk away with it and then if it's wrong you've got to prove that you didn't mess with it after you walked away.

Or shove it in your wallet and not bother.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          They were NOT all dispensed the same way, front side up, with Jackson's head in the same direction.
          Never happens to me. If I were you, I'd just assume God hates me.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand.
          Do you ever have a cashier try to give you change ... on top of the bills? I like to amuse myself by just dumping the change back onto the counter and watch as they scramble to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

Do you ever have a cashier try to give you change ... on top of the bills? I like to amuse myself by just dumping the change back onto the counter and watch as they scramble to pick it up.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I haven't tried dropping it on the counter, will have to!

It's sure dumbing down cashiers. I don't think the younger ones could properly count change back if their lives depended on it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I had to stop and get $200 for a project we're working on, and the machine spit out ten $20 bills.

First, they CHANGE the $20 and offset Jackson's head, now they dispense $20 haphazardly just to mess with me?!

Trump fondles each and every bill, whispering cooing sounds to them as he does so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I haven't tried dropping it on the counter, will have to!
                Smile as you spill the coins, and neatly put the bills into your wallet. "Sorry, left my third hand at home this morning."

It's sure dumbing down cashiers. I don't think the younger ones could properly count change back if their lives depended on it.
                They could if they were trained.

Comment

Originally posted by tzu-py
                  They could if they were trained.
                  True. But they aren't being trained. The cash register does it for them so they don't have to think.

Comment

I used to work in a bank, and it makes me crazy to get handed cash, from anybody, but especially from the bank, that the bills are all cocky-wompus!

That was not allowed back then! All the bills in my wallet to this day are in order from smallest to largest and all facing the same direction.

Another thing that bugs me immensely is when a clerk just hands you a wad of cash, including coins, instead of counting the change out into your hand. Then you either have to stand there and count it, while the customers behind you get impatient, or walk away with it and then if it's wrong you've got to prove that you didn't mess with it after you walked away.

Or shove it in your wallet and not bother.

Yeah!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, like if something rings up to $16.21, and I give them a Twenty, a One, two dimes and a penny - it's like it totally fries their brain, and they want to give me the change that the cash register says I get. I HATE that.... All I want is a FIVE!!!!

Then it's like "you're trying to shortchange me - I heard about people like you!"

Comment

Are you sure some of them weren't Jefferson's head?
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Today, I told a student to just tack a zero on the end instead of reaching for a calculator to multiply by ten.

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            Today, I told a student to just tack a zero on the end instead of reaching for a calculator to multiply by ten.

*sigh*

It's tragic.

Comment

Del Taco at least in Barstow require their cashiers to do the change instead of the machine.
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment