Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI's Investigation of It"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI's Investigation of It"

I haven't been able to read much of it yet, and I don't recall seeing if somebody else had shared it on here (if so, apologies), but I figured I'd share this report. Enjoy.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I read it, and it definitely makes the case that further investigation is warranted, IMO. Has anybody else read it?

Comment

Appears it could be troublesome...

Conclusion is on page 19 -

III. Conclusion

We should all recognize the harm done to our rule of law when crimes go unpunished because government officials look the other way for the wealthy, famous, or powerful. Americans rightly expect a single and impartial system of justice for all, not one for the well-connected and a separate one for everyone else.

The information available to the Committee at this time raises serious questions about how the FBI applied the rule of law in its investigation of classified information on Secretary Clinton’s private email server. We know that:
        • The FBI did not use a grand jury to compel testimony and obtain the vast majority of evidence, choosing instead to offer immunity deals and allow fact witnesses to join key interviews.
        • There were substantial edits to Director Comey’s public statement that served to downplay the severity of Secretary Clinton’s actions, and that the first draft of the memo was distributed for editing two months before key witnesses were interviewed.
        • Director Comey stated that he had not consulted with the Justice Department or White House, when text messages suggest otherwise.106 We have text messages in which two key investigators discuss an “insurance policy” against the “risk” of a Trump presidency, and “OUR task.”107
        • Messages discuss “unfinished business,” “an investigation leading to impeachment,” and “my gut sense and concern there’s no big there there.”108
        • Senior FBI officials—likely including Deputy Director McCabe— knew about newly discovered emails on a laptop belonging to AnthonyWeiner for almost a month before Director Comey notified Congress.
        • Over the period of at least four months, the FBI did not recover five months’ worth of text messages requested by DOJ OIG and two Senate committees; however, when pressed, DOJ OIG was able to recover missing texts in less than one week

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I noticed the professionally passive-aggressive phrase "A more rigorous investigation might have..." popped up a couple times.

Comment

I've also read that as part of certain plea agreements and immunity deals, the FBI destroyed evidence while the investigation was still on-going.

Here's one report:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...urces-say.html

Then there are text messages exchanged between Strzok and Page suggesting that Hillary herself was being kept in the loop:

Source: BOMBSHELL! She Knew! Text Messages Lovebirds Strzok and Page Implicate Hillary Clinton

In the release of text messages from Senator Ron Johnson’s Office, on page Page 433 of the 502 page document, on November 4, 2016, in the aftermath of Comey’s presser about Weiner’s laptop somebody named “her” called to give the FBI hell.

Strozk declined to talk to Jim [Comey].

Then Lisa Page writes:

“No Pete. lt’s your JOB And plus she actually knows what you’re doing this time. And that the American presidential election, and thus, the state of the world, actually hangs in the balance”

Now who do you suppose “she” was?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...llary-clinton/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Appears it could be troublesome...

Conclusion is on page 19 -

III. Conclusion

We should all recognize the harm done to our rule of law when crimes go unpunished because government officials look the other way for the wealthy, famous, or powerful. Americans rightly expect a single and impartial system of justice for all, not one for the well-connected and a separate one for everyone else.

The information available to the Committee at this time raises serious questions about how the FBI applied the rule of law in its investigation of classified information on Secretary Clinton’s private email server. We know that:
              • The FBI did not use a grand jury to compel testimony and obtain the vast majority of evidence, choosing instead to offer immunity deals and allow fact witnesses to join key interviews.
              • There were substantial edits to Director Comey’s public statement that served to downplay the severity of Secretary Clinton’s actions, and that the first draft of the memo was distributed for editing two months before key witnesses were interviewed.
              • Director Comey stated that he had not consulted with the Justice Department or White House, when text messages suggest otherwise.106 We have text messages in which two key investigators discuss an “insurance policy” against the “risk” of a Trump presidency, and “OUR task.”107
              • Messages discuss “unfinished business,” “an investigation leading to impeachment,” and “my gut sense and concern there’s no big there there.”108
              • Senior FBI officials—likely including Deputy Director McCabe— knew about newly discovered emails on a laptop belonging to AnthonyWeiner for almost a month before Director Comey notified Congress.
              • Over the period of at least four months, the FBI did not recover five months’ worth of text messages requested by DOJ OIG and two Senate committees; however, when pressed, DOJ OIG was able to recover missing texts in less than one week

Obviously a nothing burger. Nothing to see here
              /jimL mode

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                /jimL mode
                "But- but the Russians! "
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  /jimL mode
                  160927_0.jpg
                  I wonder what tune he's whistling

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I've also read that as part of certain plea agreements and immunity deals, the FBI destroyed evidence while the investigation was still on-going.
                    The report in the OP addresses this on page 11.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26429[/ATTACH]
                      I wonder what tune he's whistling
                      "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" would be my guess.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment