Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Party spirit - and the Geisler controversies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you DeeDee for demonstrating why I ought to shun these sort of controversies. Your worldview is shared by none other than yourself if my previous post caused you to see my worldview as radically opposed to yours. You might want to be a bit more careful and ask for elaboration before leveling such a charge, but perhaps you just unveiled the divisive Spirit that influences you to do as you do.

Comment

And you proved my point.
      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Again, I am all for exposing these guys. My thread is about whether there's an attitude we can take in doing so that goes too far, such as when we take glee in seeing them fail or make fun of every move they make.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Again, I am all for exposing these guys. My thread is about whether there's an attitude we can take in doing so that goes too far, such as when we take glee in seeing them fail or make fun of every move they make.
          Yes there is. I have public ally criticized White for going to far such as snide remarks about how Caner's website photos is a Glamour Shots photo and mocking him for his hobby of liking WWF, totally unnecessary, irrelevant, and personal.

TurretinFan who I linked to above exemplifies the right way to handle.
          The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
            "Norman Geisler defended a proven liar" OK so he's in the wrong...and? Why not just ignore all that and take what good he did for the Church and carry on. Let the issues remain issues for the people involved and mind your own business type-thing.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X