Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

female self-made billionaires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    It really hasn't come far at all. Because the sexes aren't the same. Equal rights actually seems to push women away from traditional male roles they don't really wanna fulfill, as the data shows.
    Equal rights and entitlements claimed for women formed the basis of the women's rights movement in the nineteenth century and feminist movement during the 20th century. They have come a long way since they first obtained the right to vote.

What a nightmare.
    I guess it would be a "nightmare" to be trapped in a subordinate role in society.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Equal rights and entitlements claimed for women formed the basis of the women's rights movement in the nineteenth century and feminist movement during the 20th century. They have come a long way since they first obtained the right to vote.
      They've mostly become either inferior versions of men or rejected those roles whenever possible (see "gender gap" in nearly every traditionally male role that is useful to society, or heck, even those that aren't useful, like psychology, which is full of women but still ruled by men).

I guess it would be a "nightmare" to be trapped in a subordinate role in society.
      Who isn't trapped in a subordinate role in society, you fruitcake? Do you think you're a king?

This is another interesting aspect of progressive pathology that has become near universal. People now think being subordinate to a husband is horrible but being subordinate to a stranger you have no relationship to (your boss) is perfectly reasonable.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

They've mostly become either inferior versions of men or rejected those roles whenever possible (see "gender gap" in nearly every traditionally male role that is useful to society, or heck, even those that aren't useful, like psychology, which is full of women but still ruled by men).

Everything here is sexist nonsense.

Who isn't trapped in a subordinate role in society, you fruitcake? Do you think you're a king?
        The question is whether or not women and men should be equally "trapped in a subordinate role in society" and the answer is yes...men and women should be equal.

This is another interesting aspect of progressive pathology that has become near universal. People now think being subordinate to a husband is horrible but being subordinate to a stranger you have no relationship to (your boss) is perfectly reasonable.
        It has become “near universal” because it is increasingly recognised as just and sensible. Being “subordinate to a husband has nothing to do with being “horrible”, it is recognition that women have just as much to contribute to society as men.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Everything here is sexist nonsense.
          It's all backed by data. Of course liberals have long decided reality is racist, sexist and homophobic and have retreated into a complete fantasy world. If only you were content with limiting your actions to yourselves though...

The question is whether or not women and men should be equally "trapped in a subordinate role in society" and the answer is yes...men and women should be equal.
          Why? They are not equal in abilities, or inclination. It seems only natural that inequalities would arise.

It has become “near universal” because it is increasingly recognised as just and sensible. Being “subordinate to a husband has nothing to do with being “horrible”, it is recognition that women have just as much to contribute to society as men.
          In male domains (which is the only thing "feminists" value)? No they don't. Not even close.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

btw, it's pretty obvious liberals don't really believe in the equality of women either. you just hate white people. When it comes to non-whites not just denying equality but actively mistreating women you are silent or complicit. IE: rotherham

Comment

Did you start a thread just so you can rant at feminism? I’m struggling to work out the point? Is it that there are few female self made billionaires so therefore they should all get back in the kitchen?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                Did you start a thread just so you can rant at feminism? I’m struggling to work out the point?
                I started this thread because I wanted to know if I missed any in my own research. The topic interests me because I'm considering making a serious run at becoming the richest person in the world and it's tangentially related to another hobby I have.

Is it that there are few female self made billionaires so therefore they should all get back in the kitchen?
                Why do you assume I'm a binary thinker like you? Why does it have to be all women in the boardroom or all women in the kitchen? Is this the way you process the despair of following a political ideology completely removed from reality?

And I'm not the one who steered the thread in this direction. I do like to rub reality into progressive wounds though. So I'm not entirely displeased with the results
                Last edited by Darth Executor; 02-12-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

"Equality"
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elp-women.html

Oxford University has extended time for maths and computer science exams in a bid to help women get better grades.

Undergraduates were given 105 minutes to complete their papers, rather 90.

There was no change in difficulty or the length of questions and female students were said to do better as a result.

Dons trialed the changes to allow women to achieve higher results, with just seven female maths finalists achieving firsts last year compared with 45 men.

The proposals were put forward to reduce the 'undue effects of time pressure' which the prestigious university believe effects women more than men, reports the Sunday Times.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                    Did you start a thread just so you can rant at feminism? I’m struggling to work out the point? Is it that there are few female self made billionaires so therefore they should all get back in the kitchen?
                    It's his ever so subtle way of presenting Paul's ordinances about women being subject to their husbands and keeping silent. You know, the sort of thing as perpetrated by the Quiverfull of Duggars (before the inevitable sex scandals) or the adoring gaze as perfected by Nancy Reagan directed at her man as she remained obediently by his side. That sort of thing!

Comment

It's his ever so subtle way of presenting Paul's ordinances about women being subject to their husbands and keeping silent.
                      No, it has nothing to do with that. It's about chopping away at the pillars of progressivism. I want to see your perverse religion destroyed and its followers discredited and humiliated. :)

The fact that Christianity has functional gender relations is only tangentially related.

Comment

No, it has nothing to do with that. It's about chopping away at the pillars of progressivism. I want to see your perverse religion destroyed and its followers discredited and humiliated. :)
                        I think the Evangelicals are doing a pretty good job of destroying their own "perverse religion" since they embraced Trump. Whatever moral authority they may once have had is gone forever thanks to that moral reprobate.

The fact that Christianity has functional gender relations is only tangentially related.
                        It's superseded in just the same way other forms of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodations etc have been superceded. The bible reflects the values of a bygone era.

Comment

I think the Evangelicals are doing a pretty good job of destroying their own "perverse religion" since they embraced Trump. Whatever moral authority they may once have had is gone forever thanks to that moral reprobate.
                          The fake outrage has pretty much run its course, I'm old enough to remember the recycled lines from the Bush presidency. Bush, after being painted as a literal demon for all his presidency, is now being praised to high hell by the same people who hate Trump. Let's face it, the reason why you hate Trump and Evangelicals' support for him is because he's a genuine threat to you. Other than that there's nothing honest about your criticism. It's cynical BS that everybody is wise to by now. Tell your father the Devil to come up with some new lines.

It's superseded in just the same way other forms of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodations etc have been superceded. The bible reflects the values of a bygone era.
                          Not sure what discrimination has to do with anything, we were talking gender differences, but anyway it's a temporary situation that will revert to the historical mean sooner or later. Progressivism is unsustainable.

Comment

Can anyone think of any female self-made billionaires? By self-made I mean they didn't already start with wealth in the billions. It's ok if they inherited small (but still pricey) companies and built them up themselves into multi-billion affairs. Obv even better if they just started off with practically nothing.

Going through the forbes richest people in the world Gina Rinehart is the first one who shows up (at #91). There are other women, but pretty much all of them inherited their wealth from their father or husband.
                            Your point being what?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Your point being what?
                              That he’s a neck beard who is angry that girls don’t want to date him.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                                Your point being what?
                                well, we can start with all the money being wasted to get women to act more like men

Comment